Blake Lively – Weird But Sexy August 31, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Clothing, People, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: blake lively, elvis and annabelle, gossip girl
add a comment
I’m not sure about this theory, but I guess I’ve pretty much proven it with this post. You see, when you live a life like a celebrity… it never really is enough to look just good… sometimes you also need to be creative, to be unique, sometimes weird, and most of all lively.
Oh did I say Lively?
Ladies and gentlemen, meet the lovely Blake Lively (as if you don’t know her already), and yes of course her one of a kind outfit. I really cant figure it out, but it’s something that looks like a long-sleeved formal wear that wasn’t tucked in, or a semi-whole dress that has been strategically made for legs exposure purposes.
(click to enlarge)
Miss Lively surely is one pretty girl for this kind of outfit, and she just looks like she is one with the dress.
For the benefit of others, Blake Lively plays Serena van der Woodsen in “Gossip Girl” (where she won Choice TV Actress: Drama & Choice TV Breakout Star Female in the 2008 Teens Choice Award) and Annabelle in “Elvis and Anabelle” (where she also had a Breakout Performance award in the Newport Beach Film Festival).
- She Wears – what I love about women celebrities are their unpredictability when it comes to fashion. These girls just don’t stop looking really really good.
- Gossip Girl – outfits like these really creates gossips. But it doesn’t really matter as long as you look good on it. Just take this case as an example.
- What’s It Called ? – I honestly still can’t figure out what this thing is called. Any ideas?
The Room (when I’m dreaming) August 30, 2008Posted by C0Y in Art & Literature, Home and Family.
Tags: dream bedroom
add a comment
If I were wealthy, my room would be just like this (above). I believe people call this a Modern Bedroom, plain and simple, neat and convenient, and colored with such combinations that can create a very relaxing and comfortable feeling of freedom kindled with a touch of a stress free environment. Much like what I want the people to feel whenever they’re in my presence.
I guess this is how a Contemporary Bedroom should look like. From bed to drawers, lamps and shades, placements are well organized and every part of it just compliments one another, giving it a sense of purity. I guess we all can say sleeping wouldn’t be that much of a problem with this. The light will shine the room in the morning, while the shades reveals every scene of the room there is to see at night.
And with a good Bedroom Furniture, always comes a good place to dine. I Imagine mine to have a small dining table (photo above) just enough for food and plates, a less complicated design, chairs that are handy, and yes…. a color that would not go out of place. Apple green would be a bad choice for the color right?
It’s comfort, it’s simple, it’s modern, and it’s art.
This is my bedroom. This is me.
- Color Combination – I love Rock n’ Roll, but I’m not that much of dark colored fan when it comes to creativity. Black is beautiful… the rest is up to you.
- UCB ??? – if you’re asking, no, this is not inspired by the United Colors of Benetton. It’s called color complimentation.
- Just Dreaming – coz it’s free.
Kara DioGuardi – American Idol 8 (judge No. 4) August 30, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Music, News & Info.
Tags: American Idol 8, Kara Elizabeth DioGuardi, singer, songwriter
add a comment
With the coming 8th season of the (always) controversial American Idol early next year, a lot of questions have been around the net lately, but what most people would like to know about is whats in store for next seasons show… and they’re talking about the addition of an intriguing 4th judge, and who’s it gonna be.
So who is the judge no. 4?
The Answer is American songwriter, record producer, and singer Kara Elizabeth DioGuardi.
Kara is BMI‘s “Pop Songwriter of the Year” for 2006, accumulating 10 BMI awards in the previous four years and having to write the most performed songs on the radio. Lets just say her songs are on over 100 million records, and over 46 albums of which are in the Top 10 on Billboard magazine‘s 200 album chart.
And just in case you didn’t know, Kara D‘s songs have been recorded by artists including Celine Dion, Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Hilary Duff, Carrie Underwood, Avril Lavigne, Miley Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, Faith Hill, Santana, Ashlee Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, Jewel, Christina Aguilera, Kylie Minogue, and (trust me) many others.
Talking bout credibility huh!
- Respect! – aspiring idols better show more respect (even with Simon) now, coz the new girl’s in town, and she is just the girl you need to make it big… like an IDOL.
- Power of Two – with two girls now on the judges table, I guess there will be more “Girl Power” in the next season. Let’s find out.
- Credibility – if making hits for hit making artists isn’t credible enough to make you a worthy judge in such an event… then I don’t know what you’re looking for. Plus, she’s cute.
Give Your Phone A New Look August 28, 2008Posted by C0Y in Technology, Tips & Tricks.
Tags: cellphone covers, nokia 3310
add a comment
OK, so you’ve got a phone. An old one just like my Nokia 3310. The Cell Phone Covers that were with it when you bought it were all pretty much worn out, and even if they aren’t, the designs were just too plain for a phone these days. So just like me (bored with the usual look), you off those covers and your phone looks exactly like this photo above. Now it looks something new right? But trust me, you don’t want to carry something that looks like this around.
So now you ask… “What should I do?”…. And the answer would be “make it look new”.
It’s no the end of your old Cell Phone Skins, and with a little creativity and a small amount of expenses (for materials), you can actually re design your old phone skins to look like something new and personalized. his way, you can make your phone look like it’s the coolest phone. (for you)
So what if you’re not into art and really don’t have that touch of creativity? Well, there’s such a thing as online shopping, and with as lot of sites selling anything for phones nowadays, you might just get the latest and weirdly creative Cell Phone Faceplates you ever dreamed of. (like the photos)
So the next time you’re bored with the old look of your phone… bare in mind… it never is the end of the world.
- Good Ol’ Phone – writing about this reminds me of how good the Nokia 3310 used to be. It still is actually, if not for those cameras and the other computer features phones can do now. : )
- New Look – having a new look really does make it feel new. And it gets noticed.
- Designs Designs – for every age, gender, and preference… there lies a cellphone skin for you. I mean, there are A LOT of skins you can choose from.
The Hottest State – A Novel by Ethan Hawke August 27, 2008Posted by C0Y in Art & Literature, People.
Tags: after sunset, ethan hawke, novel, the hottest state, training days
While browsing for books (no particular book actually) in one of our city’s bookstore yesterday, as I always do by the way, I came upon this book with the name of Ethan Hawke clearly written in the center. The book was entitled “The Hottest State”, and at first glance, I thought it was something where Ethan Hawke stars, and will probably be another motion picture some day. But as I look closer, the male character in the cover was nowhere near Ethan, and just when I read the whole cover did I notice that it was a novel by Ethan himself.
This Ethan Hawke.
The Hottest State is a story about a young actor named William Harding (Mark Webber), a Texan who tries to make it big in New York while he faces struggles in his relationship with a beautiful singer/songwriter Jesse (Laura Linney). It’s a coming of age tale of a young man dealing with his own broken heart, as well as his childhood broken family.
I’m actually downloading the movie right now so I have yet to make much comments, but what impressed me was the idea that it was written by Ethan Hawke. Someone whom I only knew was an actor, a good one, and one of the stars in movie like: Training Days & After Sunset (which he co-wrote too).
I guess there really are a lot of talent behind that hunk-for-many actor.
- This Is Talent – a bit biased here coz I love writing, but if a good actor can write a good movie as well… it’s more than just skills.
- Nice Movie – the last movie (After Sunset) was a bit OK for me, though sometimes it gets dragging, but story-wise, it’s actually a good movie. Can anyone say something about this?
- Unexpected – finding out that he wrote the novel is surprising. Not a lot of actors can write…. a novel.
BlogUpp Your Blogs August 26, 2008Posted by C0Y in Internet.
Tags: ads, blogupp.com
add a comment
Not only did I find this torn-paper presentation (coz it’s not an ad) that cool, I also happen to love the logic behind this new site and means of promoting your blog. Or lets just say Blog it Upp!!!!
While looking for ways to hype my blog, I came upon this site called Blogupp.com, a site that literally helps you the with the least amount of the usual hassles. This pretty much means that there won’t be a need to signup (with all the forms), there won’t be any annoying ads, there won’t be any verification codes, and they even won’t ask for you email address. All you have to provide is the URL (or address) of your blog, paste their given widget / CSS code to your blog, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! you have now been Blogged Upp.
Or atleast that’s what it seems.
Blogupp.com gets a snapshot of your blog and updates thumbnails everytime you have a new post, and they do read your RSS regularly to keep up in phase. But the best thing about this site when it comes to promoting your blog is that there is a 10:9 ratio when in comes to linking. Which means that out of the 10 blogs shared in your widget your blog will be discovered by 9 readers on others.
All of these done by just providing the URL. Sounds good to me!!!
- BlogUpped – I’m actually trying it now as you can see (lower right portion), and I’ll be monitoring this for 1 month. Just keep posted.
- A Great Idea – I have to say it’s a really good idea. I mean great.
- Interactivity – this is one thing I almost forgot to mention. The ads they produced… aren’t really that boring. They are interactive, and mouse overs do things that are interesting. Curious?… Try It!!
Remembering Gwen Stefani August 25, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, People, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: gwen stefani, no doubt, Zuma Nesta Rock
Just recently giving birth to a baby boy named Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale, a name which she said is formulated from three of her favorite things: a video game (Zuma), a music genre (Rock), and what seems to be a brand of some tea drink (Nesta), Gwen Stefani has added a lot of things in her once-wacky life back in her No Doubt (band) days.
Responsibility is one thing she surely had a lot of additions to, credit that to her entering in the phase of motherhood, and of course, wife-hood (if there’s even such a term). And just to give a physical evidence of the changes in her life, there goes those extra added weight she got from pregnancy. The photo you see posted here is what she used to be… that sexy fat-less fashion trending girl with a hip of an attitude enough to make a great name without even mentioning her talent and uncanny style of singing yet.
(click photos to enlarge)
For the benefit of others, Gwen is a singer/songwriter, fashion designer, and actress (sometimes), who sings for the rock/ska punk band No Doubt (with hits like: “Just a Girl”, “Spiderwebs”, and “Don’t Speak” remember?) until she went her own way and explored the pop & dance genre with her first solo album Love. Angel. Music. Baby. (“Hollerback Girl”) in 2004.
- So Original – this is self explanatory, and it doesn’t only mean her fashion senses but the whole package of her attitude itself.
- Is It true? – I heard a rumour once that says something about her being the sister of (the other “so original” girl) Madonna. Look closely… it’s possible right?
- Cool Mom – only a cool (or weird) mom names her kid something like Zuma Nesta Rock. But then again, there’s “no doubt” it’s cool.
Dream (or Redeem) Team Takes Gold – Beijing Olympics August 24, 2008Posted by C0Y in News & Info, Sports.
Tags: Beijing olympics, dream team, dwayne wade, gold, kobe bryant, mens basketball, redeem team, usa basketball, womens basketball
1 comment so far
Looks like the golden years of USA Basketball is back once again. After having several losses in previous years international competitions (including the disappointing bronze finish in the 2K4 Athens Olympics) the Dream (or Redeem) Team has finally taken the throne once again as they beat Spain 118-107 in a high scoring game (the most for both teams in the tournament) while they kept an unbeaten 8-0 record, and win the Gold back…. as promised.
Dwayne Wade led five Americans in double-digit number with 27, while Kobe Bryant had a 20 point (13 in the fourth quarter) game.
On the other hand, the girls of USA’s basketball team (defending champions) won their fourth consecutive Olympic women’s basketball gold medal last Saturday, beating Australia (for the third time since the 2000 Olympics) in a whopping 92-65 victory.
So what can I say???? USA !!!!!!!
- Redemption – and redemption indeed is the word as they prove to the world once again… that they (USA) are the King’s and Queen’s of Basketball.
- The Saying – “they believe, therefore they did” I think is the right quote for the whole thing. They’ve been doubted in the past few years, but now… the dream is back.
- The Best? – I’ll be a little controversial this time. What would you say if I tell you this is the best Dream Team ever? .. I guess they are.
What to Do with Cars… August 24, 2008Posted by C0Y in Rides, Tips & Tricks.
Tags: buy and sell cars, mini cooper
So you have a mini cooper. An old one that is, and you’ve probably already used it that much that it already made you moneys worth. It still looks good, but it also looks old. All of the parts are still functioning, and it’s still is that mini cooper that you bought years ago… only older and with a little parts and accessories added. So what do you do?
There’s actually a lot of things you can do. You can either send it for repair, still own it, drive it, maintain it or you even sell it. That won’t be much of a problem now cause a lot of sites are helping people to look for new and used autos for sale, and selling it might just help your little cooper to stay out of your junk yard and into the hands of a happy owner. (like this one below)
But what if you don’t have any idea what your car is worth now that it’s a bit older? Well, just as almost everything is in the net, you can also look for sites that helps you calculate the value of your car, or forums of which you can ask fellow car owners that may help you. It’s all just a matter of asking.
- Treasure and Trash – it really helps to consider that most of the things that we consider trash, can also be someones treasure.
- Drivers Delight – I’m talking about those sites that help you with almost everything.
- Options Options Options – before considering everything a “junk”, look for the best options. Trust me, there are a lot.
White is Sexy… White is Pure.. August 23, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Clothing.
Tags: blake lively, sexy in white
add a comment
When Gossip Girl/Vitamin actress Blake Lively showed up in the water function last week everyone was awed, but the guys, they were more than just stunned and if I’m not mistaken, they all probably had one question in mind…. “what’s that extra cloth doing there?”. This is obviously referring to that (I even can’t describe) piece of cloth that covers her chest from the neck up to the stomach. Or barely the stomach.
You see, when you decide to wear a see-through shirt (specially if it’s white), it’s really more than enough to tease guys/girls, even if it covers most of the skin. White is the color of purity and at the same time is purely sexy… and Miss Lively pretty much showed everyone that leaving other things to our imagination is the sexiest thing you could ever do when wearing something like this.
But just a warning to all the celebrities…. unless you have the B & B (beauty and body) like Blake Lively does, wearing this set of white pairs won’t be that sexy. Trust me.
- Less is More – once again, this line proves to be right. They always try it when the subject is about sexiness.
- Not For Everyone – let this be my second warning. Wearing these pairs of white’s really won’t work for everyone. Please be guided.
- That Cloth – the same cloth that cover the neck to stomach area, is the same cloth the men find annoying, but at the same time is not that revealing… which in other words means SEXY.