How Hot Is Slumdog Millionaire? March 16, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Funny, Music, People.
Tags: Freida Pinto, Next Bond Girl, Nicole Scherzinger, Slumdog Millionaire, Woody allen movie
add a comment
(trust me, I won’t be talking about the awards and box office sales on this one.)
Ok. So they’ve won almost all awards in this years numerous movie awards, and they’ve made such a fortune out of it, but my real question is? How hot is the movie Slumdog Millionaire?
Well if we talk about hot, we have to start with “Latika” herself Freida Pinto.
Well ever since this Mumbai-born professional model made her debut in the film “Slumdog Millionaire”, a lot of people have begun to notice everything about her (from the looks to the body that is) and just as expected, numerous offers are already ringing for this young talent. This includes a yet untitled Woody Allen movie where she is already casted along with the names of Anthony Hopkins, Antonio Banderas, and Naomi Watts. But that’s not it.
Well rumors say’s that the movie (specially Freida) had so much impact that she is even in discussion of being the next Bond Girl for yet another Daniel Craig 007 movie. Now isn’t that hot?
Slumdog Millionaire inspired sexy outfit
But that’s not it…. when a pussycat-doll-sexy girl like Nicole Scherzinger wears something inspired by a movie, you have to say that movie’s really something else.
Am I right?
- Millionaire – like the title of their movies, I guess we can say they all are millionaires now.
- Freida Pinto – now she is one great girl for a lot of roles. Keep them coming please.
- The Next Bond? – does anyone know what the next bond movie will be? Please let me know.
Farewell To Francis Magalona March 6, 2009Posted by C0Y in Life, Music, News & Info, People.
Tags: 3 stars and a sun, death, francis magalona, luekemia, master rapper
It was just August of last year that a lot of fans and friends of the “King of Pinoy Rap” Francis Magalona was saddened by the news that the Master rapper himself, an icon in the Filipino music scene, was diagnosed with leukemia at the age of 43 at the Medical City Hospital, Mandaluyong. But gradually, after slowly undergoing what doctors refer to as “treatment” and not cure, he was discharged and was able to return to his noontime show in GMA 7 “Eat Bulaga” to thank a lot of fans for their support.
Moments ago (12:00 pm , March 6,2009), in the same noontime show, fellow show host Vic Sotto made a formal announcement, that the music icon known to many as Francis M., suddenly past away due to his illness at 44. A minute of silence was requested to pay respects to their fellow host.
Francis Magalona is more than just a music icon and a influential rapper in the Phillipine music scene. He has helped a lot of Filipino talents enter and stablish themselves in the music scene, and he has inspired so many Filipino people. He is a brother, a good father, and a friend to many. I’d like to say that he is a symbol of what a true Filipino should be. Proud of the nation despite the troubles, and staying on his ground in humbleness despite his success.
Let this be my farewell to a true loud and Proud Filipino. Farewell Francis M. As long as there are still 3 Stars and A Sun…. You will be remembered .
- Lived A Life – at his age, it may be considered a young age to die. But I honestly think he had fulfilment living each day proud of helping and being an inspiration to a lot of Filipinos.
- More Than Rap – he made songs out of peace and unity among Filipino people, I he meant it while he sings every line of it. I hope a lot of people will see and do something about his message.
- A Great Filipino – inside out he was a proud Filipino, and is proud of what we can do. To us he is more than just a rapper. He is a free mind He is a hero.
The Pinoy Pinedas February 5, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Music, People.
Tags: allan pineda, arnel pineda, black eyed black peas, the journey
add a comment
The family name PINEDA has been a common name for the Filipinos in the Philippines. But ironically, TWO A.Pineda‘s broke the barriers in the Filipino music industry by making it big internationally.
I’m talking about Allan Pineda (APL de Ap of Black Eyed Peas) and Arnel Pineda (The Journey’s new frontmant). Both big names that came from humble beginnings. (click on their names to read their stories)
Is it irony… or is it destiny? I really think what they had was more than just luck, and more of what they call “the price of dreaming”.
- Inspirational – and I believe they inspire a lot of people, not just in the Philippines, but around the world.
- Coincidence? – does being an A. Pineda make you closer to your dreams, or is it just coincidence? You decide.
- Go Pinoy!!! – nothing more.
The Boom Bench by: Michael Schoner November 26, 2008Posted by C0Y in Music, Technology.
Tags: boom bench, Michael Schoner
add a comment
Speakers, specifically Boom Boxes have already been placed in a lot of unusual places. Bathrooms, tables, beds, baggage compartments, roofs and who knows where else.
Well guess what, now they placed them in public benches for everyone to listen to.
Meet the “Boom Bench” by German designer Michael Schoner.
The Boom Bench is a human-bench-sized Docking Station capable of playing music by simply connecting your player to the amplifier (like a normal boom box) or via bluetooth (coooool…). Now you can play your favorite songs from your phone for everyone to enjoy.
This bench can produce 95 dB of high quality sound, and that is pretty decent for an open environment, and it also has a Bass Shaker for those deep sounds with vibrations, giving you an enhanced physical sensation for pure listening pleasure.
Now this really gives a new meaning to the term “chillin out” with good music.
- So Cool – music Lover or not, we all know this is way cool.
- More Pranks – because it is bluetooth capable, I’m guessing there will be more pranks in the parks with this kind of bench.
- Who Get’s To Choose – everything is so cool about this invention except for one thing…. who get’s to choose the music???
Alicia Witt – Witeweeet !!!!! November 2, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Music, People, T.V..
Tags: Alicia Witt, Charlie Sheen, Miss Pasternak, two and A Half Men
add a comment
Meet the beautiful and talented Alicia Witt. Alicia Who????
Well for those who are Charlie Sheen‘s “Two and A Half Men” fans, this girl need no introduction coz just recently (in the latest episode), he gave Alan Harper (Charlie’s brother in the show) and prtetty uch the whole viewers a very weird but memorable lap dance, while having a serious talk with Charlie (a fan of the show know why). Remember this??
By the way, Alicia plays the role of Miss Pasternak, Jake‘s (nephew of Charlie in the show) former tutor turned stripper for several reason that only fans know. (I recommend you watch).
But that’s not all. Pretty Miss Witt right has also been a part of several hit TV shows including The Sopranos , Ally McBeal, The Twilight Zone, Law & Order, and several other movies, and yes, she is that girl playing the role of Claire Goldstein in “Playing Mona Lisa” (where she won a Best Actress award in the Sundance Film Festival by the way).
Pretty impressive right? Wait, there’s still one more thing left to mention. A lot of fans may not know this but in her movies, she actually played the the Piano (which she really really is good at) herself, and she used to play the piano (and sing) at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel. Now that’s impressive.
- I Love It – I’m talking about great actresses who can’t just act, but play instruments and has a voice as well. Not to mention a pretty face and sexy body.
- Impressive – if this didn’t impress you… then you might be Steven Spielberg, or Simon Cowell.
- More Shows – actresses like these really deserve bigger roles and bigger films. I don’t see that far away with her career.
Walking The Line? October 30, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Movies, Music, News & Info.
Tags: Casey Affleck, Joaquin Phoenix, musical artist
1 comment so far
For award winning actor Joaquin Phoenix, I only have one question in mind.
Are you really walking the line???
I’m talking about him and the rumors of his decision to devote himself to his music. At a benefit for Paul Newman two days ago, he told Extra TV, “I want to take this opportunity… also to give you the exclusive and just talk a little bit about the fact that this will be my last performance as an actor… I’m not doing films anymore.” It looks like Phoenix had too much of the Johnny Cash character in his heart that he decided to let go of a profession where’s he’s undoubtedly really good at. But who are we to tell?
But maybe it’s just the booze speaking. His friend Casey Affleck, who was with him when he was interviewed also said (when asked if it was a joke): “I don’t think he’s kidding. He’s got music and stuff.”
Now is this true?…. Will he really walk the line of musical artists and make an album?….
I guess celebrities really are unpredictable.
- A Joke – if it’s a joke, it’s a good one… if not, then we just lost one good actor in the big screen.
- Not Contented – why do music artists want to be movie actors/actresses and vice versa? Is it the pay or the fame? Or Both.?
- Christmas Album – while he’s in it, why not make a Joaquin Phoenix Christmas Album for this holiday seasons. This would be a good start. (does he really have music?)
Josh Pyke and The Guitar Boat October 16, 2008Posted by C0Y in Music, People, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: guitar boat replica, Josh Pyke
1 comment so far
Josh Pyke & his Guitar Boat
You may have noticed that the title of this post seems like a title of a song. Well I just thought it was necessary for two reasons. 1) Because Josh Pyke is a singer/songwriter and it somehow relates to his whole life, and 2) Because it sounded really cool for something thats literally true.
What you see above is Josh sitting on top of his (not just floating but running) Guitar boat. How cool is this?
Here’s more of the Aussie indy-rocker’s photos sailing the sea with his giant guitar boat which was featured in the video in his new single “Make You Happy” by the way.
The said boat was said to be an accurate replica of his favorite guitar, and yes I guess it’s tuned in already.
Being an award winning rocker really is cool, but having a guitar boat to go as well is basically something else I guess.
- Nice Idea – if you’re planning on making a big replica of your favorite thing, why not make it something that can be more useful right?
- And the Strings?.. – I’m just curious… do the strings create sounds as well? that would be cool.
- A Genius – if Josh was the one who came up with this idea, then I just have to say he is a genius, not just in music, but in some others things as well.
Zune Bug – The Music Wonder September 1, 2008Posted by C0Y in Music, Technology.
Tags: microsoft, Zune Bug
Now don’t get too excited with this piece of music wonder. As of this moment, the whole thing still remains a concept, but I’m sure Microsoft is positive with this idea.
Besides… No one has ever seen a Zune musical bug like this one, so why not be the first right?
The Zune Bug is a concept by Ashley Payne. It actually is a wireless musical device that you can plug in any outlet (electricity), and is capable of playing tunes with it’s built in speakers. (at this point you might say “a lot of players do that”).
But that’s not yet the special part of this bug.
As you can see, this bug has no buttons, and screens. Why? Simply because it doesn’t need any. All you really need to do is transfer a song wirelessly (thru bluetooth I guess), and once it receives the song, it plays it the song…. and the light changes color according to the frequency of the music too. Cool huh!
So it’s not just a player, it’s also a small kind of light, and guess what? The Zune bug automatically lights up in the dark room. It has a sensor which will turn on the light as room gets dark.
This is really really cool for a small musical device, but just as I said a while ago, It still is a concept so it will be best if we don’t get that much excited yet.
And until then…. we can only hope. Or invent one ourselves.
- Music Anywhere – now this is mobility. Music player can be handy, but this one… is way more than handy.
- No Memory? – I don’t think it has one, so I guess it will be playing one song at a time. But hey, it’s Microsoft. They said anythings possible right?
- Compatibility – this is gonna be an issue. Will it play any audio format? Will it be sent thru bluetooth or inrfared technology? Will any phone be able to send songs to it? I wish I knew.
Kara DioGuardi – American Idol 8 (judge No. 4) August 30, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Music, News & Info.
Tags: American Idol 8, Kara Elizabeth DioGuardi, singer, songwriter
add a comment
With the coming 8th season of the (always) controversial American Idol early next year, a lot of questions have been around the net lately, but what most people would like to know about is whats in store for next seasons show… and they’re talking about the addition of an intriguing 4th judge, and who’s it gonna be.
So who is the judge no. 4?
The Answer is American songwriter, record producer, and singer Kara Elizabeth DioGuardi.
Kara is BMI‘s “Pop Songwriter of the Year” for 2006, accumulating 10 BMI awards in the previous four years and having to write the most performed songs on the radio. Lets just say her songs are on over 100 million records, and over 46 albums of which are in the Top 10 on Billboard magazine‘s 200 album chart.
And just in case you didn’t know, Kara D‘s songs have been recorded by artists including Celine Dion, Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Hilary Duff, Carrie Underwood, Avril Lavigne, Miley Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, Faith Hill, Santana, Ashlee Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, Jewel, Christina Aguilera, Kylie Minogue, and (trust me) many others.
Talking bout credibility huh!
- Respect! – aspiring idols better show more respect (even with Simon) now, coz the new girl’s in town, and she is just the girl you need to make it big… like an IDOL.
- Power of Two – with two girls now on the judges table, I guess there will be more “Girl Power” in the next season. Let’s find out.
- Credibility – if making hits for hit making artists isn’t credible enough to make you a worthy judge in such an event… then I don’t know what you’re looking for. Plus, she’s cute.
Digitally Composing Music…. Cool!!! August 22, 2008Posted by C0Y in Music, Technology.
Tags: digital composing gadget, Music, yanko
Here’s every technologically inclined musical composer’s dream… a digital music-composing gadget that from our friends at Yanko.
Composing music in this digital composer interfaced gadget is as easy as copying photos from a memory card to your computer. All you really have to do is: 1) Sing into the pen/mic by pressing the top button of the electronic pen to record melody, 2) dock it in he music score, then 3) press the music conversion button and see the notes automatically transcribed as they’re played back.
3 Basic Steps
(click photos to enlarge)
So basically, you’re not writing music right?….. Wrong.
Amazingly, the pen/mic (which you use to record music) also allows direct composition on the tablet itself. This means that you can write the notes and the tablet will digitize the information into song and play it back, and I heard that it can also store whole libraries of instrumental arrangements to that once the notes are written, and it then can be played back with each instrument chiming in.
- Music Geek??? – if technology produces different kinds of geeks, this would suggest the beginning of the musical geeks. If you ask me.
- New School Old School – the new generation wants it as advanced as possible, while the old school wants to stick to the basic of writing songs. Which means literally writing. But this gadget, just makes them all possible.
- Digitally Written By: – I guess we will be seeing a lot of this written on musical scores.