Lie To Me – The Truth Is Written All Over Our Face March 18, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, T.V., Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: Dr. Paul Ekman, facial expressions expert, Lie To Me, Tim Roth
I can’t live a day without downloading a movie or a tv-series. That is a fact. And everytime I have nothing more to download, I look for new series’ or complete season tv-shows on torrent sites just to get my day complete.
And where did this led me last week? Fox’s new Drama series “Lie To Me“.
Lie To Me is a compelling new drama from the producers of 24. It stars Tim Roth (yes, the one in “The Incredible Hulk“) as Dr. Lightman, the world’s leading deception expert who studies facial expressions and involuntary body language to discover not only if someone is lying, but why. When someone shrugs one shoulder, rotates a hand or raises the lower lip, Lightman knows he’s lying. – thanks to Fox.com
And here are the casts:
|Tim Roth||…||Dr. Cal Lightman|
|Kelli Williams||…||Dr. Gillian Foster|
|Monica Raymund||…||Ria Torres|
|Brendan Hines||…||Eli Loker|
One great thing I love about the show, aside from it’s unique concept, is the way they present certain similarities in facial expressions with the shows characters, and real life ones (Clinton, Jessica Simpson, etc..) everytime there is a certain expression to take note.
By the way, the show is based on the real-life scientific discoveries of Dr. Paul Ekman.
- The Concept – you might be bored of CSI-like shows, or the monyk. but this one’s really something else. Watching it is highly recommended.
- Tim Roth – is it just me or does this guy look like an Al Pacino combined with a little bit of Andy Garcia. Talent included.
- My Lens – my lens about the different expression will be complete soon. I’ll be placing the link here. Hope you’ll wait.
Anna Torv is Olivia Dunham March 12, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, People, T.V..
Tags: anna torv, fringe, j.j. abrams, joshua jackson, olivia dunham, peter bishop, walter bishop
I’ve been watching Fox‘s new Sci-Fi drama “Fringe“ lately and everything about the show seems to interest me. But one character in particular really captured my (and my eyes) attention.
And that character is Olivia Dunham played by, yet another J.J. Abrams discoveries, Anna Torv.
Olivia Dunham is a driven and intelligent FBI Agent who is very open-minded and is willing to do anything for those she loves. Anything including placing herself in a tank half-filled with water that can make her get inside the consciousness of her presumably dead lover allowing her to access what ever memory her lover has. And just to point it out, this process is so risky that even Dr. Walter Bishop (John Noble) doesn’t recommend it. But so far, she’s tried it 3 times already this season.
Well, the character and Anna Torv herself is not really the head turner type of girl, and I even doubted her appeal at first, but somehow (a couple of episodes later) I begin to see what J.J. Abrams saw in her.
Maybe it’s the way she moves, or the way she smiles, or even the way she plays a determined but confused character so well. But whatever it is, I guess it’s making me (and a lot of you) love her more.
By the way, as the story unfolds in the show, I’m beginning to see a bit of romance between her character Olivia Dunham, and Peter Bishop (Joshua Jackson – Dawsons Creek).
I’m inviting you all to watch “Fringe” and when you do, tell me what you think about her cause I just felt like blogging about her today.
- Anna’s Beginnings – for those who are interested, Anna graduated in Australia’s National Institute of Dramatic Art in 2001 and has performed on stage with the Bell Shakespeare Company.
- J.J. Who? – J.J. Abrams is more known to be the man who discovered TV talents such as Keri Russell (Felicity), Jennifer Garner (Alias), and Evangeline Lilly (Lost).
- Fringe Means… – not really sure. Found definitions in the internet, but nothing really fits what the movie says it is.
Kaley Christine Cuoco February 25, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, T.V..
Tags: chuck lorre, kaley christine cuoco, television actress, the big bang theory
add a comment
Kaley Christine Cuoco
I just happen to be an addict of yet another Chuck Lorre (writer: Two and a half men) T.V. Comedy – “The Big Bang Theory“. It’s about two hyper-intelligent (or freakin geniuses) roommates who suddenly realizes that there are far more greater things to learn in life outside of their labs when they suddenly had a very pretty, sexy, cool, and not nerdy girl living on the next door named Penny.
And this post is all about her.
Penny is played by none other than the young and talented American television actress Kaley Christine Cuoco. A familiar face if you happen to watch a lot of Television series.
Kaley actually started acting and modelling a the age of 6 and got her first major role on the 1992 TV movie “Quicksand: No Escape”. It didn’t take long before her talent was discovered and loved, until she finally found her self playing roles in a lot of hit T.V. series including: Charmed, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, Prison Break Monster Allergy, and The Big Bang Theory.
Her biggest claim to fame however happened when she played the role of As Bridget Hennessy on ABC’s “8 Simple Rules… for Dating My Teenage Daughter” (2002-2005).
click to enlarge
Other things about her:
- Learned to play tennis at age 3, and was a nationally ranked amateur player.
- Appeared in six Barbie commercials as a child.
- Earned her high-school diploma at age 16.
- Won the 2003 Teen Choice Award for Breakthrough Actress.
- No.21 on FHM‘s ‘Online 100 Sexiest Women 2008’, No. 56 in the ‘100 Hottest Blondes of AIM’, and a part of TV’s 50 Sexiest females of 2008.
- More Than Pretty – this is what I love about her. Not just another pretty face, but a very talented one indeed.
- She Loves Dogs? – judging from the photo… I think she loves dogs.
- Evidently Sexy – just tale a look at the las part of the things about her of this post and you’ll know what I means.
Looking At Shannon Lucio – The “Prison Break” Girl November 29, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Spoilers, T.V..
Tags: prison break, sarah tancredi, shannon lucio, The O.C., trishanne
add a comment
I’ve been watching Prison almost every time a new episode is released in the net and every week, Trishanne, Cole Pfeiffer‘s (T-Bag) secretary/FBI agent (ooops.. spoilers!!!) always keeps getting better and better each time I look at her.
If you’ve been bored of looking at Sarah Tancredi (Sarah Wayne Callies), or even Gretchen (Jodi Lyn O’Keefe) for the past few seasons, then maybe Trishanne (Shannon Lucio) is a reason to watch the Prison Break again.
By the way for those who are interested, Shannon Lucio is an American actress who got her early traces of fame when she played the role of Lindsay Gardner on the TV Drama “The O.C.“(Orange County). She later on became a lead female cast on the CBS TV drama Moonlight (2007), but that was before she was replaced by Sophia Myles some time in June of 2007.
click to enlarge and see her message for me. 🙂
It wasn’t really as bad as it seems, cause right after the replacement she became a member of Fox‘s hit TV action/drama Prison Break, and I guess every fan of the show noticed hot appealing she really is, specially in the past few episodes.
Too bad she died on the 12th episode though. (Oooooops!… Spoilers again)
- Isn’t She Cute? – both as a secretary or with a gun, I mean. Just listen to her voice every time she answers the phone or shout with a gun.
- Too Bad – her role dying when we started to enjoy her presence in the show is just too bad for me. but maybe she’ll be in bigger movies. I know she will.
- More!!! – I definitely wanna see more Shannon Lucio in some other shows or films. Or maybe she’ll be back… cops got bulletproofs you know.
Another David Spade Magic November 24, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, T.V..
Tags: David Spade, desperate housewives, Nicollette Sheridan
add a comment
If you are not a word class athlete, a billionaire, or just another good looking / charity giving actor or msuic artist (not to mention magicians), then you just have to be short, confident, and funny.
Just like David Spade.
I really don’t need sentences to describe how little David right here seems to surprise everyone in the world of celebrities. I’ll just say names like: Heather Locklear, Teri Hatcher, Pamela Anderson, Lara Flynn Boyle and now Nicollette Sheridan!
Yes, this Nicollette:
Resports say that at her (Nicollette) 45th birthday party, they have spotted David and Nicollette doing more than the usual things friends do. I guess you know what I mean.
Nicollette, by the way, is one of the cast of the hit tv-series Desperate Housewives, and I guess that’s exactly what Little D wants.
I bet she’ll never knew what hit her after this.
- Very Effective – I think being funny is the best thing you can do to get those girls. They become vulnerable when they laugh, trust me.
- How Tall? – I mean, how short is David Spade? Maybe it’s the height.
- Choosy Spade – well we can all say he’s choosy, but hey, look at his list. I believe we call it an A List.
Heroes’ Kristen Bell – No More Gossip November 3, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, News & Info, T.V..
Tags: heroes, Kristen Bell, Sarah Marshall
Kristen Bell trying to kiss me 🙂
Ok. Before yet another unpredictable episode of hit TV show HEROES airs later this day, I would just like to say that I found the last one pretty interesting. (you know it’s gonna be about girls again)
Well who wouldn’t? First we get to see more about guys like the ol’ Mr. Petrelli, more about PineHearst, more about Parkman and Daphne’s future, and most of all, we know we’ll get to see more of Gossip Girl‘s Kristen Bell. (xoxo)
“xoxo, I can’t control the electricity in me… ”
Now isn’t that electrifying enough? Here’s more.
Aside from being a regular on the hit tv shows like Gossip girl and HEROES, lady pretty Bell right here also starred (and got an award) in some other shows like Veronica Mars (where she won a Saturn Award for “Best Actress on Television“), Roman (another Jury Prize award for “Best Supporting Actress”), and Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical (a Satellite Award for “Outstanding Actress in a Miniseries or a Motion Picture Made for Television”).
Not bad for a career right?
And yes, one more thing….. if you guys are wondering, she is also the girl who played the role of Sarah Marshall in the film “Forgetting Sarah Marshall”.
Yet another reason to watch HEROES indeed.
- Good News – her presence along with the cheerleader really is something to look for in the show. Some added fire (or electric) power for the girls on a mission I guess.
- Funny – I don’t know with you, but seeing her unable to control her powers just looks a bit weird.. and funny to me. hahaha.
- Ain’t No Gossip – I’ve read some spoilers about her and the show and I really thought it was just another gossip…. but now it’s not a gossip no more.
Alicia Witt – Witeweeet !!!!! November 2, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Music, People, T.V..
Tags: Alicia Witt, Charlie Sheen, Miss Pasternak, two and A Half Men
add a comment
Meet the beautiful and talented Alicia Witt. Alicia Who????
Well for those who are Charlie Sheen‘s “Two and A Half Men” fans, this girl need no introduction coz just recently (in the latest episode), he gave Alan Harper (Charlie’s brother in the show) and prtetty uch the whole viewers a very weird but memorable lap dance, while having a serious talk with Charlie (a fan of the show know why). Remember this??
By the way, Alicia plays the role of Miss Pasternak, Jake‘s (nephew of Charlie in the show) former tutor turned stripper for several reason that only fans know. (I recommend you watch).
But that’s not all. Pretty Miss Witt right has also been a part of several hit TV shows including The Sopranos , Ally McBeal, The Twilight Zone, Law & Order, and several other movies, and yes, she is that girl playing the role of Claire Goldstein in “Playing Mona Lisa” (where she won a Best Actress award in the Sundance Film Festival by the way).
Pretty impressive right? Wait, there’s still one more thing left to mention. A lot of fans may not know this but in her movies, she actually played the the Piano (which she really really is good at) herself, and she used to play the piano (and sing) at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel. Now that’s impressive.
- I Love It – I’m talking about great actresses who can’t just act, but play instruments and has a voice as well. Not to mention a pretty face and sexy body.
- Impressive – if this didn’t impress you… then you might be Steven Spielberg, or Simon Cowell.
- More Shows – actresses like these really deserve bigger roles and bigger films. I don’t see that far away with her career.
“The Mentalist” October 29, 2008Posted by C0Y in News & Info, T.V..
Tags: cbs, robin tunney, simon barker, the mentalist
add a comment
Here’s one new series I enjoy watching now, and I guess it’s worth sharing for those who have been bored of the usual CSI-like story lined tv series… It’s still about crime and investigations, but this one has a different approach,… a more psychological approach. I’m now already on the 4th episode and I guess I’m gonna be a regular to this one.
I’m talking about The Mentalist.
The Mentalist is a story of Patrick Jane (Simon Barker), a man who used to make a living as a psychic before his life changed when a serial killer called “Smiling Jonh“ (because he leaves a smiling face drawn with the victims blood everytime he kills) killed two of the most important persons in his life (wife and son). Now he works with Senior C.B.I. (California Bureau of Investigation) Agent Teresa Gibson (Robin Tunney), Agents Kimball Cho (Tim Kang) & Wayne Rigsby (Owain Yeoman) and the rookie Grace Van Pelt (Amanda Righetti) while he uses his refined observation skills, and power of suggestion to help them solve cases in hopes that someday he will bring down “Smiling John” and give justice to his family.
The series is produced by Warner Bros. Television, and the good news is… due to it’s good ratings, CBS already signed it up for one season.
- I Recommend – this is actually a bit similar to The Monk, but the way Simon Barker played his character pretty much gave the movie a whole new reason to be watched.
- An Ending – this is a good series, but I don’t want it to last for 3-4 seasons… coz that’s too long. And we all know extended seasons means uncontrolled story line.
- Nice Story – every episode is well written, and I love the humor they added to the whole story. I guess this is why it’s better than C.S.I. for me.
You & Your TV (television) October 21, 2008Posted by C0Y in T.V., Technology.
Tags: Movies, satellite television
add a comment
Is this what you always get with your beloved television? Do you always get excited and rush home after work expecting to see your favorite TV show only to find out that all you’re going to see a re a couple of black, white, and grey dots because your home antenna’s not getting anything? Then I guess you need to check on the latest DirectTV offers in your city.
Using DirectTV or Direct Satellite Television allows you to transmit digital satellite television and audio to your homes giving you more channels to select from, better reception, and less black, white, & gray dots of course.
There are actually a lot of DirectTV deals that are pretty affordable, in case you’re in a tight budget. But I would suggest you seek for the options first because not all providers offer the same thing, and there might be some channels you wanted that are only offered in those with higher price subscription.
Imagine this (below) with good, clear, and quality viewed movies. Wouldn’t it be a good experience?
This is really something worth spending for, if you ask me. I’ve been a movie addict and I certainly wouldn’t mind paying a bit for quality viewing. How bout you?
- Use Technology – technology is rapidly getting advanced, but it would still be useless if we wouldn’t use it right?
- Satellite Me Baby – if you have a television at home, then satellite it baby. Make it happy.
- Happy Endings – now you won’t have to miss those final shots in the dying seconds of the game… causes it’s always on track .
Ali Larter – “The Queen” of Heroes 3 October 21, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, T.V..
Tags: Ali Larter, final destination, Gina, heroes 3, Niki sanders, Obsessed, resident evil, Tracy Strauss
Sure sure, Daphne’s (Brea Grant) “Speedster” character is getting a lot of attention from the fans of the hit TV Series HEROES, and yes the bad girl look of Claire (Hayden Penettierre), not to mention her noticeably not-so-good acting, also pretty much attracts the limelight of the show… but if you ask me who the queen of the show is, I’d definitely say it’s none other than Ali Larter. (Not even “Mother” Petrelli)
Alison Gertrude “Ali” Larter is a former fashion model who already had successful roles in some Hollywood films including: Varsity Blues (1999), House on Haunted Hill (1999), Final Destination (2000), Legally Blonde (2001), Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and Resident Evil: Extinction (2007). Most of the films she was a part of came before she was a part of HEROES by the way.
In HEROES, Ali Larter plays the role Niki / Jessica Sanders, Tracy Strauss, and Gina (soon to come). And just to add to her Hollywood roles, she will be playing opposite to Beyonce Knowles and Idris Elba in the Screen Gems-produced film Obsessed which will be released February of 2009.
- One Busy Girl – with a lot of movies, and playing 4 roles in a hit TV series, I guess we all can say she’s one busy girl.
- Who’s Gina? – maybe I didn’t notice the role, or it hasn’t appeared yet, but there is a Gina in HEROES, and maybe we’re going to see another split personality.
- Nothing Too Much – there’s nothing “too much” about her, but being that makes her the best of what she is. Really.