How Advanced Are We Now? May 31, 2008Posted by C0Y in Technology.
Tags: hour glass, minute glass
add a comment
There was a time when I saw a glimpse (take note, a glimpse only) of my brilliancy or my smart side, if there is such a thing, when I was playing “bugle” for the first time when I was about 10. A simple game actually, but winning is not that easy unless you have a wide vocabulary, and wide view of the letters randomly arranged. And what always amused me with the game is the use of a more clever device called the hour glass (or minute glass) a simple kind of thing that set times for the game with the use of a glass with white sands that pour at approximately 2 minutes. Just enough to time each round of the game, and it’s simplicity really is the cleverness around the item. And I never thought there something better than the minute glass.
Then here comes the Digital Minute, (or hour, or second, or etc….). Something that looks like this:
Now the world is really getting more advance. And the game “Bugle” will never be the same again.
But I’ll still look smart playing it. No doubt about it. \
- Digital World – even the simplest machines or things are now being made digital. I hope they won’t touch the food category.
- Cooler than Old School – some say the old things still rule. I agree, but this would have to be an exception. Just look at it.
- What’s The Time Again? – wear one, and I’m gonna ask you this thing a lot of times.
The Business Of Being Born…. May 28, 2008Posted by C0Y in Health, Home and Family, Life, Movies, People.
Tags: cesarean section, doctors, giving birth, the business of being born
add a comment
Birth is supposed to be a miracle, a natural part of life, a rite of passage, the best thing a mother could experience, a holy gift. Well it used to be, but that was before it was made into a billion dollar business.
In this documentary “The Business of Being Born”, actress Ricki Lake recruits filmmaker Abby Epstein (who happens to be pregnant doing the film) on a quest to learn how American women have babies, and the business behind it. It also deals with the conflicts between Midwives and “home birth” being the best option, and doctors who take a stand with their practice.
The film talks about real life birth stories with surprising insights (historical, political and scientific) and shocking facts about the business behind the maternity care system as it digs deep into the secrets of most medical institutions, and how they use medical advantages to make birthing more than just a natural part of life.
This documentary is really very alarming as it shows that those whom women actually rely with (the doctors), specially when giving birth, are not actually telling the whole truth. The sad truth that doctors would rather perform a caesarean section (which is more risky) which can be done in minutes and pays really well, than having a normal delivery which could last for hours with a lower cost. Sad but true indeed.
In one part of the movie, Marsden Wagner M.D., a director in the World Health Organization strongly said “If you want to have a safe and normal delivery, stay away from the hospitals”.
I guess he made his point.
- The Sad Truth – as it turns out, today medical decisions are made for monetary, and legal reasons, not because they are good for the mother and for the baby.
- How they do it? – Doctors actually try to convince any mother that they don’t know how to give birth, and this is where they take advantage.
- Choosing the day – “Get pregnant, Choose a date, and Give Birth”. Things a C-section can do. Now I ask you, do you think this is a good thing? It’s far from being natural to me.
Fast And The Furious Four (lots of F’s) May 27, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Movies, News & Info.
Tags: fast and the furious 4, michelle rodriguez, paul walker, vas, vin diesel
1 comment so far
No, this is not just a photo of customized vans from one ghetto, this is actually taken from a scene in the upcoming 4th sequel of the Fast and The Furious, which will be pumping engines this coming June of 2009.
We’ve seen muscle cars, sports cars, bikes, and that unforgettable charger that Vin Diesel used in the first movie, and now we’re gonna see vans. This one’s really getting more interesting than the usual.
The movie will revolve around a heroin importer known as Antonio Braga (John Ortiz), who happens to be the biggest importer of illegal drugs in town, while Brian O’Conner (Paul Walker), and Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) team up once again to help the feds stop the the operations by earning their way to be members of Braga‘s operations while going undercover.
And probably a lot of car chasing, speeding stunts as the movie goes on too with cars like this:
But those who loved Michelle Rodrguez, will probably not want the start of the movie. Why? Let’s just say there is a funeral happening in the movie.
- Fast Cars – who could get enough of them. I won’t.
- The Diesel is Back – for a long time, we finally get to see the Diesel back in action. I thought he was making a remake of robocop, without much metal.. haha.
- The Vans – how cool is a van in top speed doing drifts and NOS’s … way cool.
How Bout “Un-Fine” Dining? May 26, 2008Posted by C0Y in Funny, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: dinner, toilet, un-fine dining
Tired of the usual Fine Dining dinner dates (slash proposal) with your girlfriend, boyfriend, just friend, or married”able” partner?
Try “Un-fine Dining“
Now I’m sure you’ve heard of table manners, and proper toilet training, but with this, you’ll have to be good with both. You see, the normal tub becomes your dining table, and yes it has something on top of it to make it one, but it is a clear glass. One where you can see through with. But that’s not the best part. If you would notice (which I’m sure you would) the seats that actually complete the whole dining experience is made up of toilet seats. And don’t be surprised if it flushes once in a while. Total toilet environment. This will surely give you a differently unique experience. Or should I say “Special”.
This Idea is truly one of a kind. And some would suggest it stays that way. Just One.
- Never The Same – once you’ve tried it, things will never be the same. Nothing compares.
- And The Restroom? – I really wonder what their restroom would look like.
- Franchise!!!! – who wants one? I do!!!!
Brea Grant – “Heroes” New Girl In Town May 25, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, T.V..
Tags: brea grant, daphne, friday night lights, heroes, speedster
Meet Brea Grant. A lot of people don’t really know her, so allow me describe what kind of girl she is. She’s a normal short blonde-haired pretty actress who obviously knows how to pose, and still has a lot more to offer in due time.
But now she becomes a hero.
On May 9, 2008 the hit TV series “Heroes” formally announced the casting of Brea Grant, former cast member of NBC‘s “Friday Night Lights“, as Daphne for season three. Daphne, who calls herself “Speedster“, will emerge as a villain with a unique ability of speed and will be Hiro‘s nemesis (or love interest, who knows…). On season three, we will be seeing a first glimpse of her stealing a secret that’s been kept in Hiro‘s family for a long time. And just a little spoiler: Hiro‘s time travel can’t actually catch up with her speed. Now were a given a different angle right?
I bet a lot of Heroes fan’s will be more excited for the third season.
And guess what, I still love Hayden. “Love the cheerleader, Love the world”
- Time and Speed – I don’t think this is logical, it may be non-sense but I’m gonna say it anyway. Speed is Faster Than time Travel.
- See Her Often – will we see her often? Or she’s that fast not to be seen, even by viewers. I wonder.
- Daughter Of ? – Now that they added a new hero, wouldn’t it be wise to assume that she’s a daughter of yet another super mom or super dad? I think she is.
One “bright” Idea…. May 25, 2008Posted by C0Y in Technology.
Tags: bright idea, cd lamp
add a comment
Now look closely at this lamp. As you can see, it’s a good looking one, and the color of the light is some kind of a blue ray. But that’s not what I want you to see. Look closer and think…. you might have an idea of what this brilliant thing is made of.
Let me give you a clue: It’s looks like a flat donut.
If you’re thinking it’s made up of piled up CD’s, then you’re right. But I’ll also be interested in some other answers you have. you can just comment it here. But anyway, how brilliant is this idea? Instead of throwing those old CD’s that you failed to burn, or are intentionally damaged (I wonder why), why not turn it into something that can be useful and would come in handy with your PC. All you need is a lamp with a mini fluorescent light and a lot of CD’s, and it’s done. electricity of course. And if you have a bunch of knowledge about wirings, you can actually turn it into something USB powered so it will then be exclusively for your PC.
Now this is a “bright” idea.
- Bright Lights – the blue light actually made it more cooler than your ordinary lamp.
- Who Invented This? – I can see a lot of claimers now. Haha.
- This Would Sell – this “bright” idea might actually sell. And it uses recycled things so it makes it environmental too. Right? Plus Plus Plus.
How to be a cover girl? Ask Ellen Adarna. May 23, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, People.
Tags: ellen adarna, friendster, myspace, sexy girl, uno magazine
The name is Ellen Adarna.
It may sound familiar for those who surf the net looking for pretty girls in social media sites (MySpace, Friendster, etc…), and mainly because her face and photos have been around the internet specially in MySpace, where some labeled her as its queen.
So what made her famous?
First of all, she’s undoubtedly got the looks and the body, and the photos to show which she confidently uploaded in her accounts. But aside from that, she also opened accounts on social media sites and invited a lot of friends up to a point where friends shared her account with other friends and it didn’t take long until she was a face to be graced all around the internet. And, of course, with fame comes those posers who made fake accounts with her photos, (including her scandal photos) making her more famous.
Now she found herself having to cover in one of the countries prime sexy magazine UNO.
- Fame Came – fame indeed will come, but it doesn’t go without efforts. Lots of them actually.
- What’s with the “Finger Bite” – is that her sole secret to fame? She sure looks sexy doing it though.
- The Name – like every famous products, a catchy name is also important. Ellen Adarna is one.
Marriage Fitness – Every Broken Vow’s solution…. May 23, 2008Posted by C0Y in Life, People.
Tags: communication, love, marriage fitness, mort fertel
“Till Death Do Us Part” rarely happens in today’s life. It’s one sad fact that we all have to face. And I’ve been surrounded by it lately. Friends, parents of friends, and even those whom you think won’t separate usually do. No one is exempted with this.
But what’s wrong with marriage?
Whenever a couple experiences problems, they either buy books like “How to Save Your Marriage”, or engage themselves in Marriage Family Counseling with the hope of aiding their relationship through communication. This, or just merely settling themselves living separate lives with their marriage intact. Now this is unhealthy right?
So what’s gonna be the next “healthy” approach towards fixing a relationship?
There’s something called Marriage Fitness. Something not every marriage counselor is acquainted with, and it just might be what couples need.
Marriage Fitness is the work of Mort Fertel, a saver of many marriages himself, and it focuses not on bringing back communication between couples (which is a common mistake), but instead it focuses on bringing the connection, the concern, the care, and more importantly the love back into your relationship. And here’s one more thing, it actually works with only one spouse doing it.
Hearing each other out is not enough, loving is.
- Bringing Back Love – easier said than done. Good thing people like Mort Fertel are willing to help.
- The Love Too – our body is not the only one who needs fitness, our ability to love does too.
- Marriage Fitness – Healthy loving.
Choose to Juice… May 23, 2008Posted by C0Y in News & Info, Technology.
Tags: fresh juice, juicer
add a comment
Now that a lot of people are slowly moving towards a healthy living, a juicer will always come in handy. It makes fresh fruit juice in an instant, and it’s not that hard to do either. I’m suer you’ve heard a lot of it from juicer reviews.
So why do people love juicers? Well it’s easy to use, it’s small and handy, not that complicated, easy to clean, convenient, it doesn’t only juice fruits but others (like wheatgrass) as well, and according to a lot of juicer reviews it simply is more practical and healthier than buying commercialized fruit juices.
So if you “choose to juice”, then it might be a good idea to read some juicer reviews to have an idea on some ways to make your juicing experience more than just a juicing experience, and who knows, aside from learning from them, they might learn from you too.
- Choose Juice – Why? It’s healthier. That easy.
- Juicer designs – to make the whole experience fun, you can actually buy one of those creatively designed juicers. Like this one above.
- Juicer Views – a lot of people are actually in to it, and it’s a good thing to hear their views.
“I’m still heavyweight” – Mike Tyson May 22, 2008Posted by C0Y in People, Sports.
Tags: boxing, heavyweight, mike tyson
add a comment
It seems like the former Heavyweight Champion of the world (and the most dangerous) boxer “Iron Mike Tyson” is not done with being heavyweight, or should I say “weighing heavy”, as he is spotted by the Razzi’s leaving a certain Chinese restaurant floppy as ever. And “heavy weight” indeed.
Iron Mike has always been known to be that deadly boxer with a deadly punch that could knock out even the best contenders in the first few round, if not the first, but since loosing to Evander Holyfield (and btiing his ear), and a couple of trips to prison, the once famed Mike Tyson never regain what he used to have.
This just goes to show how one great thing can loose his greatness with a couple of mistakes, and a bitten ear.
- Ear Noodles? – now I’m not sure something like this exists, but there’s a big possibility that he ordered something like this.
- He’s Still Fit – I mean, his clothes now are very fit.
- Too Big – don’t you think he’s too big for someone whose in debt?