Carmen Soo – T2 – Pssssssst! April 17, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Movies.
Tags: Carmen Soo, Chito Roño, T2
1 comment so far
First of all, I would like to congratulate all the cast of the (now making 25 million and running) new Horror film from Star Cinema “T2” directed by Chito Roño.
But while I was watching the film yesterday, I noticed one girl who really captured my attention even if she played the antagonist of the film in the form of an “enkanto” (a mystical being from another world) most likely known as the mysterious “White Lady” in the Philippines. And her name is Carmen Soo.
Well the film actually had the best actress in Philippine showbiz for me, Maricel Soriano, and just about the prettiest and talented nine year old in show business today, Mica de la Cruz, but I just have to say Carmen Soo made the horror film a a sight of beauty for me.
By the way, Carmen Soo is a British-Chinese fashion model and actress born in Malaysia. And I don’t know if you noticed her, but she actually had a minor acting role in the movie ‘Gorgeous‘ alongside Jackie Chan & Shu Qi, and she later on played the leading actress in Aaron Kwok’s musical special.
No wonder why Malaysia once labeled her as their “Sexiest Secret”. Cause she is by looks, and everything about her sexy.
- Real Name – is Carmen Soo Wai Mun. Now doesn’t that sound more Asian to you?
- Whats T2? – just in case some of you are still wondering, T2 means Tenement No. 2. A semi abandoned building made into homes for the homeless.
- Soo Beautiful – isn’t she?
The ‘NEW’ Three Stooges March 27, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Movies.
Tags: Benecio del Toro, curly, jim carrey, larry, moe, sean penn, three stooges
Remember Larry, Moe, and Curly most commonly known as a group called the Three Stooges ? Don’t worry – I’m not gonna talk about your age. But if you do then this good news is certainly for you.
MGM and the Farrelly Brothers are finally giving a go signal to their upcoming project “The Three Stooges,” a comedy that the filmmakers have been developing for years. And here’s the better news, the cast includes BIG names such as Sean Penn (set to play Larry), Jim Carrey (in negotiations to play Curly), and Benicio del Toro (rumored possibility for the brothers’ taciturn leader, Moe).
The studio is positive to start production in the fall for a 2010 release date target.
The film is not a biopic but a fictional treatment that maintains the Stooges’ gleeful slap schtick updated for a modern theme.
Included in the story line is an opening that shows the Stooges as kids (can you believe this?) in an orphanage.
- Wow – now this is a good movie to bring back to life.
- The Cast – not everyone is a comedian in the chosen cast, but given their talent, the roles won’t be a big problem.
- Fans? – are their anyone besides me who are still fans of the show? Raise your hands please.
Terminator IV Salvation: Almost Here March 3, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Movies.
Tags: christian bale, john connor, sam worthington, terminator salvation
1 comment so far
I looked up the meaning of salvation in wikipedia, and it gave me this meaning: The concept that God saves humanity from death.
Now I wonder how John Connor will act as God and save the lives of humanity in this 4th installment of the Terminator movie Terminator IV Salvation.
The movie stars Christian Bale as John Connor, the man chosen to lead the human resistance (or whats left of it) after Skynet has destroyed much of humanity in a nuclear holocaust. But the future that Connor used envision was somehow altered by the appearance of Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington), a stranger whose last memory is of being on death sentence. Now Connor must decide whether Marcus has been sent from the future, or rescued from the past while they both stumble on a journey that leads them to the heart of Skynet‘s operations, thus uncovering the terrible secret behind the planned annihilation of mankind.
Now isn’ this enough to make you wanna watch the film? Well, we all just have to wait for the “end to begin” this April 21st.
- At Last! – the last installment was way back in 2003. And that’s a very very long time ago right?
- Bale For Governor? – the last time I checked, Terminator just entered himself into politics and won.
- Must Watch – not because it Bale, or because it’s a terminator movie… but because salvation were talking about here. Or not.
“The Lion King” Movie – Not Original? February 20, 2009Posted by C0Y in Movies, Photos, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: copied, kimba the white lion, simba, the lion king, unoriginal
If you guys have been born somewhere between 1980-1994, then you’ve probably heard of “Kimba The White Lion” and Simba from “The Lion King“.
Wait!!!… don’t they sound similar?
Kimba and Simba
Well there’s been a lot of “originality” issues between the two movies for quite some time now, but the big question still remains.
Is “The Lion King” really copied from “Kimba The Wihte Lion”?
Let’s look at the facts.
Lion, with it’s head up hight, faces the clouds on the cliff….
Father and Son lion scene…
Father lion appearing on the clouds…
“I said to my wife, ‘Don’t tell me that the father lion is going to appear in the clouds.’ And he did! I couldn’t believe it!” —Fred Ladd,
(executive producer of Kimba The White Lion, on seeing The Lion King for the first time)
What do you think??? Let me know. 🙂
- Unbelievable! – even the drawings really look the same right?
- Uhm… Coincidence? – I don’t think so…. but anythings possible.
- Inspired – they could have just said it was inspired from the movie… but they didn’t.
read the whole story here.
As Beauty Grows – Dakota Fanning February 2, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Movies, People.
Tags: alicia keys, child actress, dakota fanning, jennifer hudson, queen latifah, the secret life of bees
Now do you recognize this little girl (photo above)? I bet everyone who’s had a television does. Who would ever forget the little girl that that looked so cute, and is shouting most of the time – whether it’s because of a kidnap situation (Man On Fire), a crying father to let go (I Am Sam), or aliens (War of the Worlds).
Her name is Dakota Fanning, and she used to be an award winning child actress….
And here she is now. (see photo below) Wow!
Now isn’t it a charm how time flies so fast to show the world the beauty that was there all along?
I just her latest movie The Secret Life of Bees and I have to say growing didn’t take away any of her talents, but it only added more of her beauty.
By the way, The Secret Life of Bees is a tale of a 14 year-old girl named Lily Owens who is haunted by the memory of her late mother. the cast includes Queen Latifah, Jennifer Hudson, and Alicia Keys.
- Wow! – just loot at her…
- A Kissing Scene – now this is a sign of growing up in movies right? Yeah, you can see it in her latest film.
- What’s Next? – like any other child actresses who seem to surprise us all the time (Christina Ricci, Drewbarry More, etc..) we’ve gotta ask who’s next.
Look Who’s Playing “Tony” January 9, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Movies.
Tags: colin farrell, heath ledger, johnny depp, jude law, terry gilliam, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
1 comment so far
What are the chances of FOUR (4) brilliant actors playing one same role in a film? Well, we better ask director Terry Gilliam, cause that’s basically what he did with his newset film “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus“.
The role of Tony, a mysterious outsider who joins the theatre troupe of Doctor Parnassus was supposedly intended for the late Heath Ledger, but when Ledger died halfway through the production, the role was recasted and it had Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell, and Jude Law to portray “physically transformed versions” of the character.
Now how’s that for a role which doesn’t even have a family name huh!.
This simply makes the film more of a movie to watch this year. I’m sure you’re curious as to how it will turn out like I am. That’s FOUR.
- Four – not one, not two, but FOUR big names. Beat that!
- Got To Be Tony – out of a thousand names, it’s just gotta be Tony.
- Big Budget? – how else can you get 4 brilliant actors in a film?
The Girls of “Street Fighter: Legends of Chun Li” January 5, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Movies.
Tags: chun li, detective maya sundee, kristen kreuk, legends of chun li, moon bloodgod, street fighter
1 comment so far
Just one more month to go and were going to see one of the most awaited films this 2009. And I’m talking about none other than (another movie adaptation of the game) Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li. But this time, the people won’t be waiting just to see another JCVD (Jean-Claude Van Damme) round house kick, but two beautiful and sexy girls namely Kristen Kreuk (played Lana Lang on Smallville) & Moon Bloodgod (Pathfinder, and will star on Terminator).
Don’t tell me this isn’t good enough reasons for you to watch.
Kristen Kreuk will be playing Chun Li, an undercover Interpol agent who joined a fighting tournament (Street Fighter) to make her way to way getting to M. Bison (the tournaments founder) to avenge the death of her family… and probably do a lot of kicking, while Moon Bloodgod plays Detective Maya Sunee, a new character added to the Street Fighter Universe, and is only seen in the movie (so don’t worry if you haven’t seen her in the game). By the way. Maya is a Bangkok Gangland Homicide who sexily drives a Ducati.
Now all we ahve to do is INSERT COIN and PRESS START.
- Whoooh! – this ain’t a word, but I’ll say it anyway.
- Finally – the old adaptations of the games have been sub par on my opinion, and I’m really witing for a good Street Fighter movie to come. I guessthis will be the one.
- Moon Bloodgod – may just be another name, but it sounds more like a goddess to me. More movies please.
“Revolutionary Road” – Leonardo di Caprio And Kate Winslet December 5, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Movies, News & Info.
Tags: kate winslet, leonardo dicaprio, revolutionary road, titanic
add a comment
“Near…. far…. wherever you are…”
I guess (near or far) they knew they were going to be together in a movie one more time…. but definitely not a sequel of the Titanic (sorry fans).
Well, looks like were going to see Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet back in the big screen (together) in the upcoming movie “Revolutionary Road“. This time there won’t be any big boats, and there won’t be any ice bergs.
The movie is based on a novel by Richard Yates, and its a romantic drama about a young couple (Leo and Kate), both struggling with their personal lives while trying to raise their two children.
The movie tries to capture the story of two individuals trying to find the answers to the queston: “How do you break free without breaking apart?”
Just like Titanic huh!
Maybe this (having a movie together) was what Rose meant when she said “never let go of your promise Jack…. never let go..”.
- The ER’s – now that they’re togethER, and oldER, will this movie be bettER?
- Good Idea? – the idea of bringing them back together… will this work here?
- Titanic Fans – I bet the Titanic fans will be watching this… Do I hear Celine singing again???
What Really Happened – Bruce Lee, Brandon Lee , & the Crow November 12, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Movies, News & Info, People, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: Brandon Lee, Bruce Lee, Game of Death, The Crow
In 1994, “The Crow” a feature film adaptation of the 1989 comic book (of the same name) by James O’Barr was released. The show stars Brandon Lee (Bruce Lee‘s son) as Eric Draven, a rock musician who comes back from the dead, with the help of a mysterious crow, to avenge his own murder and that of his fiancée.
But there’s a bigger story behind it. That of the death of the star (Brandon Lee) on the set while filming the last few days of the movie, due to a hit from a bullet thats supposed to be blank, but was accidentally loaded with something that’s not, or so the story goes. (you can read the whole story here).
But was it really an accident? Or was it something else. (like a curse)
Bruce and Brandon Lee
We wouldn’t normally ask these questions if he (Brandon) wasn’t the son of the legendary martial-arts expert Bruce Lee, who also died with mysterious circumstances before completing his last movie, “Game of Death” (1978). So what really happened? Is it just a coincidence, or is it something else?
According to the biography of Bruce Lee, after awaking from his coma, Bruce predicted Brandon Lee‘s death even before Brandon became an actor. (Bruce Lee died while Brandon was still 8 yrs old.)
Father and Son
When a father and a son, both of similar lives, die in similar ways it leaves a lot of mysteries and questions in our mind, and it all makes us wonder…. What really happened.
- Negligence? – Linda Lee Cadwell (wife if Bruce) filled a negligence case against the whole production, but was it really just an accident? What do you think?
- Same Crow – did you know that “Magic“, the crow used in the movie was the same crow used in all 3 installments of the film.
- A Remake – I don’t know if you guys feel like I do, but I guess (since old movies are slowly brought back to screen again) making a remake of the film would be a great idea. Too bad Heath Leadger‘s not here anymore to play the role. He would have been perfect.
Will Megan Fox Be Wonder Woman? November 8, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Movies, Spoilers.
Tags: DC, Jesica Biel, katie holmes, megan fox, Warner Bros, Wonder Woman
add a comment
A pretty convincing poster (above) from a teaser site Wonder-who.com, showing Megan Fox in a very sexy Wonder Woman costume has been spread all around the internet, and has captured the attention of a lot of bloggers, and internet surfers around the world.
And now the world is asking… is she really going to play “Wonder Woman” in the next DC comic movie ??? (cause obviously that’s nothing but cool)
And the answer is a sad NO. (ouch!)
Sweet Sexy Fox won’t be the new Wonder Woman (as it was said on the site JoBlo). A Warner Bros. rep confirmed“the site and it’s contents are ‘complete BS’.” Meaning it’s anything but true.
Recent rumors includes the name of Jessica Biel (who recently declined the offer) , and Katie Holmes, as potential casts for the role of Wonder Woman, which by the way, still remains a plan and no pre-production activities is on the process.
Honestly, I don’t have anything against Katie Holmes, but the whole cutie-cute thing just don’t seem to fit the role if you ask me. Why not Megan?
Well anyway, this poster might not be real, but it still is a really great (not to mention hot) poster. Nothing bad here.
- Listen – this is actually an advise to all movie directors and producers. Sometimes listening to the people can give you the perfect actress/actor for a certain role. And I guess they know who we want now.
- Then Who??? – if not Megan, then who would be the better choice to play the role? (I really hope Katie isn’t an option)
- A Prediction – whoever made this poster is not just creative. I think he can see the future too.