If You Want It Clean.. Cyber Clean It. September 11, 2008Posted by C0Y in News & Info, Tips & Tricks.
Tags: cleans gadgets, cyber clean, safe
1 comment so far
It’s the first week of the third quarter of the year, and this only means on thing to me….. It’s time to clean my computer (externally) once again. It’s a thing I do quarterly actually, and every single time I always have this question in mind…. how to “really really” clean the keyboards (or basically any electronic thing that has parts which are hard to clean).
I’ve tried using cotton bud and small pieces of cloth, but all it did is clean the outer part of the keys, and not the in-between-keys parts.
So how do we really really clean the our electronic things the easiest way possible?
They say we Cyber Clean it.
Cyber Clean is a clay-like material that uses a combination of elasticity and viscosity to sink right in to the parts that we don’t usually reach using normal cleaning tools, absorbing dirt while killing germs on the surface as well. (see photo above)
A pretty useful thing actually, and it’s very easy to use. All you have to do is press it on the surface of keyboards, cameras, keypads, etc… and watch it absorb those dirty little thing called dusts and germs. so basically the more greener it gets, the more effective it is in cleaning. (It actually changes color from yellow to green).
So If You Want It Clean.. Cyber Clean It…..
Unless you want to clean it this way:
- It Wont Kill – it doesn’t have any liquid substance going it out of it, so basically it’s safe for your gadgets. And it looks fun.
- See How It Works – want a demo?… Click here. (warning: it has that weird voice over again)
- Safety Issue – it takes out most of the germs and residues in your daily gadgets, and we all know what clean means. A more safer (in terms of health) environment.
Detect The Invisible – The Yahoo Messenger Story September 7, 2008Posted by C0Y in Internet, Tips & Tricks.
Tags: detectinvisible.com, invisible status, yahoo messenger
I’ve been a chatter for quite some time now. From MIRC to Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk to Skype, and now I’m starting to explore the world of Plurk, but one thing that commonly annoys me (but is useful, and I use it sometimes) is the “invisible” status. Which means you’re actually online, but you don’t want the people to see it. For whatever reasons yo may have.
But here’s the good (or bad,.. it depends actually) news for those who love chatting with Yahoo Messenger. Now there’s a way to check whether you’re friends who are not on the online list are really offline, or just playing invisible.
Are you ready??? ….. Meet Detectinvisible.com.
This site is very easy to use, and it does what it’s name says, “Detect the Invisible”. And don’t worry, it detects the real status in seconds so impatient ones are going to love this one. All you have to do is enter the User ID of the person you’re trying to detect (ex: cocoy_000), and just to make sure you don’t get the wrong ID, it also displays the primary photo (upper right) chosen by the user as soon as it’s done detecting, and of course, if It’s just playing invisible, it will say INVISIBLE and not OFFLINE.
I know this is cool but…. I have to apologize for those who go invisible (for a reason) all the time.
Just sharing what I know… just sharing.
- Now For Me – this may not be a new thing, but hey… it’s a new discovery for me. 🙂
- Hide No More – I guess this is where appearing offline requires you to be really offline. Or it’s time to make a lot of excuses for all seasons. Haha.
- Still For Yahoo – by the way, this only works for Yahoo Messenger accounts ok. Lucky Skypees.!!!
Give Your Phone A New Look August 28, 2008Posted by C0Y in Technology, Tips & Tricks.
Tags: cellphone covers, nokia 3310
add a comment
OK, so you’ve got a phone. An old one just like my Nokia 3310. The Cell Phone Covers that were with it when you bought it were all pretty much worn out, and even if they aren’t, the designs were just too plain for a phone these days. So just like me (bored with the usual look), you off those covers and your phone looks exactly like this photo above. Now it looks something new right? But trust me, you don’t want to carry something that looks like this around.
So now you ask… “What should I do?”…. And the answer would be “make it look new”.
It’s no the end of your old Cell Phone Skins, and with a little creativity and a small amount of expenses (for materials), you can actually re design your old phone skins to look like something new and personalized. his way, you can make your phone look like it’s the coolest phone. (for you)
So what if you’re not into art and really don’t have that touch of creativity? Well, there’s such a thing as online shopping, and with as lot of sites selling anything for phones nowadays, you might just get the latest and weirdly creative Cell Phone Faceplates you ever dreamed of. (like the photos)
So the next time you’re bored with the old look of your phone… bare in mind… it never is the end of the world.
- Good Ol’ Phone – writing about this reminds me of how good the Nokia 3310 used to be. It still is actually, if not for those cameras and the other computer features phones can do now. : )
- New Look – having a new look really does make it feel new. And it gets noticed.
- Designs Designs – for every age, gender, and preference… there lies a cellphone skin for you. I mean, there are A LOT of skins you can choose from.
What to Do with Cars… August 24, 2008Posted by C0Y in Rides, Tips & Tricks.
Tags: buy and sell cars, mini cooper
So you have a mini cooper. An old one that is, and you’ve probably already used it that much that it already made you moneys worth. It still looks good, but it also looks old. All of the parts are still functioning, and it’s still is that mini cooper that you bought years ago… only older and with a little parts and accessories added. So what do you do?
There’s actually a lot of things you can do. You can either send it for repair, still own it, drive it, maintain it or you even sell it. That won’t be much of a problem now cause a lot of sites are helping people to look for new and used autos for sale, and selling it might just help your little cooper to stay out of your junk yard and into the hands of a happy owner. (like this one below)
But what if you don’t have any idea what your car is worth now that it’s a bit older? Well, just as almost everything is in the net, you can also look for sites that helps you calculate the value of your car, or forums of which you can ask fellow car owners that may help you. It’s all just a matter of asking.
- Treasure and Trash – it really helps to consider that most of the things that we consider trash, can also be someones treasure.
- Drivers Delight – I’m talking about those sites that help you with almost everything.
- Options Options Options – before considering everything a “junk”, look for the best options. Trust me, there are a lot.
Tips for Having Great Shots August 18, 2008Posted by C0Y in Photos, Tips & Tricks.
Tags: camera, digital camera, photography tips
I’m planning to buy an entry-level camera like this (above) one. It’s a Canon Powershot A630 with 8 megapixels, 2.5″ LCD screen, 4X optical zoom, full manual controls. In short it’s fast, nice, and has a good price.
Most of you might have doubts on buying entry-level cameras thinking it wouldn’t make good shots, but actually, ask any enthusiast (or pro) and they’ll say cameras don’t make good shots, people do.
So here are some tips to get those great shots using entry level cameras: (from experts?)
- Interact With Your Subject – having that chemistry between you and your subject brings out the comfort and the smiles you wanted to get.
- Try Capturing Subjects in Motion – take shots in low light w/ flash turned off, and take shots on moving object.
- Make You’re Subject Stand Out – try playing with the zoom & focus options to get that desired depth of field (clear subject w/ faded background or vice versa).
- Angle and Crop – sometimes capturing the entire subject just seems so basic, so try not taking the entire subject, and it really helps to capture it in different angles.
- Use Other Features – some cameras have a lot of added effects (colorize, sepia tones, desaturation, etc..) and they are built to be used. Using them would give some great shots.
- Follow The Light – with the right position at the right time, a flare or ray of light can give added drama to a subject. it’s best to follow the light.
Here are some photos I took from my bothers camera (a Canon A630 too). Just to support my ideas 🙂
- Creativity is A Must – creativity is actually the most powerful tool in photography.
- Take Your Time – just like in real life, patience is also a virtue in photography. It is essential to wait for the right moments.
- Start Here – if you’re starting to make photography your new hobby, or profession… I suggest you start with entry level cameras. The photos taken by professionals (that you were impressed with), you don’t get to make them overnight. Practice Practice Practice.
Enhance YouTube Videos – VERY EASY March 17, 2008Posted by C0Y in Internet, Tips & Tricks, Videos.
Tags: improne video, trick, youtube enhancement
YouTube has been one of the internet’s phenomenon since it came public for all to use. It’s basically a site where everyone can share his/her or even it’s video to the whole internet population, and it can be done with just a couple of clicks, and since it’s free, videos of all sorts of camera, with all sorts of quality (like bad) are there, and can be viewed.
But what if there’s a way to enhance it without using any software or those user unfriendly tutorials with a lot of things to do? Is it possible?
Take note of these characters: &fmt=18
Cause this is all you have to add at the end of the videos URL to enhance (some) videos. Depending on the format from which it was uploaded.
Want evidence? Try this.
see the difference?
- That Easy? – until now, I still can’t believe it would be that easy.
- A Couple of WHY’s – why will it enhance the video? Why didn’t I know this before? Why weren’t we informed by youtube?
- YouPorn? – and I guess I speak for a lot of people when I’ll ask this question. Will it also work on YouPorn? (or any other video sites as well?)