The Best Lung Cancer Ad December 18, 2008Posted by C0Y in Health, Life.
Tags: lung cancer, roy castle lung cancer foundation, smoking
1 comment so far
Advertising Agency: CHI&Partners London
Fact: Second hand smoke in the home hospitalises 17,000 UK children a year.
This has been the sole reason why British Medical Research Charity has been trying to branch out awareness of the dangers of smoking to the rest of the world. This time they did it with style.
Here are some of the ironically conceptualized AD’s they came up with, and I guess the messages is pretty clear.
This really “clever” advertising campaign was made for the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation, a group dedicated to the prevention and cure of lung cancer.
I hope this brings the message to as many people as possible.
- Ironic – we all know it’s not good for the health, but still we do it.
- Nice Concept – the concept is a bit alarming, but It’s better that way.
- Smoke Moderately – since we can’t stop it easily, moderation might just be the best thing for now.
Which Side Is Thinking? October 31, 2008Posted by C0Y in Health, Life, News & Info, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: brain test, left vs. right
Now here’s a little something I wanted to share to you guys, and I’m sure you’ll find it interesting too. This is just a simple test to determine which side of your brain is mainly thinking, and in order to find out, you’ll just have to answer this simple question.
Is the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?
If you see the dancer turning clockwise, then it is safe to assume that you are using the right side of your brain more and vice versa.
Most people usually see the dancer turning in a counter-clockwise direction, but here’s something interesting… if you try to focus, you can actually change the direction of the dancers turn.
Can you do it? Try Now!!!.
- Weird – try it and it’s weird…. is it even true?
- I Use Left – which side is mainly thinking for you?
- Accurate – a lot of people say this is accurate….. coz maybe it is. What do you think?
Surgeries & Celebrities October 29, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Health.
Tags: angelina jolie, britney spears, celebrity, facial surgery, olsen twins, paris hilton, victoria beckham
When people get older, they usually look older too, and by older I mean less appealing than what we used to look like when we were still that fresh-faced young one. But in the world of celebrities, this thing is almost always never the case. And their secret (but everyone knows) is Facial Rejuvenation.
Facial Rejuvination by the way is the process of applying facial surgery to reverse aging, and the good things is as time goes by it also becomes less of a big deal (thanks to celebrities), so whether your a celebrity or just somebody with a wide budget and intention to defy age, then you can simply apply for one. And since it’s widely accepted by the public these days, all you have to do is Schedule a Consultation, consider some options, pay the doctors, let them perform the surgery, and see the results.
Here are some of the celebrities who have defied their ages:
Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen | Britney Spears
Paris Hilton | Angelina Jolie | Victoria Beckham
There are actually a lot of options when it comes to surgeries, and it is important to understand that, no matter how safe some may promise it to be, you’re still making a great risk so I guess it is only advisable to consult any Advanced Aesthetics Associates first before deciding.
Now here’s my question… Are you ready to look your best? It’s all up to you.
- Practical – some say it’s practical specially if your job is to look good all the time… but by that they mean setting the cost of it aside.
- Nothings Impossible – the advancement of health and technology really is giving a lot of truth to this phrase.
- A Risky Investment – with the amount of money to be spent on surgeries like these, it is enough to be considered an investment… and we all know investments can be risky so it is highly advisable to understand every aspect and possibilities before entering such activities.
Fighting Brain Freeze October 3, 2008Posted by C0Y in Funny, Health.
Tags: brain freeze, ice cream headache
add a comment
If nothing in this world is perfect, then we have to ask: Whats the very one thing that we don’t like about iced beverages (shakes, smoothies, ice cream, etc…)? If there is such.
And the answer is…. Brain Freeze!!!!
Ooooh we hate it when it happens right? It may not be that much of a threat to our health, and is temporary but it’s a painful one. At least for a bit. So how do we stop Brain Freeze (primarily known as ice cream headache, by the way)?
Because it’s not even considered a serious health problem, and is temporary, not much studies have been provided. But here’s what doctors say:“Since the nerves in the roof of your mouth get extremely cold whenever you eat something icy cool, your body thinks your brain is freezing, too,”.
So how do we stop it? You just basically have to press your tongue flat against the roof of your mouth, covering as much as you can to somehow regulate that sudden coolness in your mouth. So basically, the more pressure you apply (to the roof of your mouth) the faster your headache will be gone.
That’s easy right?
- Finally!!! – now that we know this, the next thing for us to do is prove it. I can see the shakes coming now.
- Who Invented? – or the best question I guess would be who was the first victim of brain freeze. I wanna know.
- We Love It – ok, it’s painful and is sometimes annoying… but we love it right? Brain Freeze it is!!!!!
Christina Applegate – Issue on Breast Cancer August 5, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Health, People.
Tags: breast caner, christina applegate, stand up to cancer
add a comment
Emmy Award winner (Samantha Who) undergoing treatment for breast cancer had worried a lot of fans and concerned women everywhere. Luckily, the disease was caught early (which is a good thing) and the actress is expected to fully recover soon.
“The said cancer was detected through an MRI ordered by a doctor and is not life-threatening” Ame Van Iden (publicist) said in a statement Saturday.
Applegate will be appearing on “Stand Up To Cancer“, a one-hour television special (aired on ABC, CBS and NBC on Sept. 5), as she talks to inspire and give hope among women, and aims to raise funds for further cancer research.
I hope the show will help a lot of women to be brave enough, to understand, and to accept the fact that no one is excused of having cancer, and it is only essential that they seek help in order to be assisted.
Christina Applegate may be a celebrity, an award winning actress, an accomplished individual, a powerful women, and a role model, but she never rejected the fact that she became a victim…. and now she’s at the brink of winning the fight against cancer.
Awareness is an advantage, and everyone is capable.
- Be Inspired – a lot of women are either scared, or reject the fact of having such a disease… and because of this, sometimes strength comes in a little too late. I really hope this inspires people to fight and never give up.
- She’s Smiling – just like the healthy looking girl she was on that magazine cover (above), Christina shows the world that she wants to smile a whole lot more … without breast cancer.
- Lets Help – there are a lot of ways, and there are still a lot of days… but as much as we can, let’s try to help. Who knows, we might be helping more than we think we did.
Fish Spa – Weird Kind Of Health July 15, 2008Posted by C0Y in Health, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: Cyprinion Macrostomus, fish spa, Garra rufa, psoriais
When I first heard about this thing called Fish Spa, I thought it only includes soaking into water or being covered with a therapeutic lotion or something, but as literal as it means, I found out that it really is a spa that involves fishes. Fishes that eat away or consume only the affected areas of the skin (dead skin), leaving the healthy skin to grow and revealing the fresh layer beneath it.
Now this is interesting right?
This is actually a very good option for treating skin diseases or psoriasis, which is also by the way harmless (just in case you have a phobia of some sort with live fishes touching your skin.)
The process involves medical fishes or “Doctor Fishes” (nibble fish, kangal fish, and doctorfishen). They are a part of two species of fish called the Garra rufa and Cyprinion Macrostomus which are the kind that eat only the dead skin, so you really don’t have to worry much about it. No wounds, no blood.
But it may tickle a bit. : )
- If It Tickles – if it tickles (and I’m sure it does) you just might want to distract yourself from it by reading a news paper, talking to your spa mate, or just do anything besides thinking about your feet. Or you can just laugh all the way. It would be cool.
- Not Piranhas – just to make this clear.. these are not “Piranhas”. Never is, and never will be, so just relax and try it. Who knows, you might find yourself a weekly habit.
- Effective and Interesting – I’ve read some accounts about it, and some really were treated with psoriasis using fish spa. Spa’s are actually for temporary treatment, but hey, it’s a whole lot of experience if you ask me.
In the proper places… June 10, 2008Posted by C0Y in Health, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: bonnie Valle, towel inside body
add a comment
There are proper places where a towel should be placed after being used, and there are improper ones too. Towels in Towel hangers (obviously) are proper, while towels inside the body is way beyond normal. Unfortunately, for a girl named Bonnie Valle, she was able to live the last seven years of her life with a towel (the size of a face towel) just right behind her left lung. The towel was discovered when an autopsy was performed days after her death, and it was believed to have been left there since 1995, during a emphysema surgery back in 1995.
Valle has been complaining of chest pains, saying she felt there was something inside her body pressing against her lungs seven years after her surgery. This is something no one should experience, but since the woman suffered no ill health effects from the towel, the judge dismissed the claims, and the doctor was never made accounted for.
So much for fair justice right. So sad.
The next time you work with somebody’s life, make sure you understand that these lives depend on you. Towels are for cleaning, but they are not to be placed inside the body.
Read more here.
- Take Care Please – just because one’s days are numbered, doesn’t mean it doesn’t matter any more. If life’s are in your hand, please take care.
- Justice is Where? – that is, in every angle, a form of malpractice but it won’t matter unless it is punished. They may be million dollar doctors, but justice is more than any millions. This, I really hope so.
- How? – I really wanna hear an explanation on why it was left there. It’s not that small not ot be visible, and those are professional at work. Wanna be trusted docs?.. Then Be trusted.
The Business Of Being Born…. May 28, 2008Posted by C0Y in Health, Home and Family, Life, Movies, People.
Tags: cesarean section, doctors, giving birth, the business of being born
add a comment
Birth is supposed to be a miracle, a natural part of life, a rite of passage, the best thing a mother could experience, a holy gift. Well it used to be, but that was before it was made into a billion dollar business.
In this documentary “The Business of Being Born”, actress Ricki Lake recruits filmmaker Abby Epstein (who happens to be pregnant doing the film) on a quest to learn how American women have babies, and the business behind it. It also deals with the conflicts between Midwives and “home birth” being the best option, and doctors who take a stand with their practice.
The film talks about real life birth stories with surprising insights (historical, political and scientific) and shocking facts about the business behind the maternity care system as it digs deep into the secrets of most medical institutions, and how they use medical advantages to make birthing more than just a natural part of life.
This documentary is really very alarming as it shows that those whom women actually rely with (the doctors), specially when giving birth, are not actually telling the whole truth. The sad truth that doctors would rather perform a caesarean section (which is more risky) which can be done in minutes and pays really well, than having a normal delivery which could last for hours with a lower cost. Sad but true indeed.
In one part of the movie, Marsden Wagner M.D., a director in the World Health Organization strongly said “If you want to have a safe and normal delivery, stay away from the hospitals”.
I guess he made his point.
- The Sad Truth – as it turns out, today medical decisions are made for monetary, and legal reasons, not because they are good for the mother and for the baby.
- How they do it? – Doctors actually try to convince any mother that they don’t know how to give birth, and this is where they take advantage.
- Choosing the day – “Get pregnant, Choose a date, and Give Birth”. Things a C-section can do. Now I ask you, do you think this is a good thing? It’s far from being natural to me.