The DOS Pillow February 28, 2009Posted by C0Y in Computers, Funny.
When you live in the world of codes and are fascinated by the way a certain letters and numbers do wonders in a big black screen, then you’re definitely a “Computer Programmer”.
And what do computer programmers have in common? …. The lack of SLEEP (mostly because they don’t know where the syntax error is). And this lack of sleep is really a health threat even if they don’t believe it.
Good thing someone bothered to make the DOS Pillow. (photo above)
Now every programmer ca sleep soundly in the presence of the big black screen and the DOS prompt.
- Perfect Idea – they may be capable of making computers think, but a pillow is not one they would bother. Making this a perfect idea.
- Where To Buy? – I’m sure it can;t be downloaded either, so I was really hoping someone would have any info.
- Define Sleep – do programmers define sleep as a 1-2 (if lucky) hours of constant closing of the eyes? That is a question.
Inside The “Nokia Test Lab” November 22, 2008Posted by C0Y in Computers, Technology.
Tags: bending test, crushing test, dust test, humidity tetst, mobile phones, nokia tet lab, scratch test
add a comment
What you’re seeing is not an alien abduction of your latest Nokia Cellphone. This is actually a very sophisticated robotic machine that doesn’t really do anything besides poking our Nokia Phones to test their durabitlity.
We can call it the “Poking Machine” (for a lot of reasons).
The Poking Machine is actually just one of the advanced technology machines used to test the latest mobile phones for quality purposes. And here are the rest:
The Bending Machine, Scratch Test (with shard plastic pins), & The Crusher
(click to enlarge)
Phones under the Humidity Test
(click to enlarge)
Various Liquid, Gel, & Creams Test and the Dust Test
(click to enlarge)
Now these are things our beloved phones get through with before they reach the stores for us to buy, so better love them and take good care of them. Or you can do your own tests at them. Haha.
- The Test – now I know they don’t just talk about it’s quality… they test to prove it too.
- Poor Phones – after all they’ve been through, have the heart man (or woman).
- Other Companies – if Nokia does this, what do other companies put their mobile phones into test?
USB 3.0 Is Finally Here November 20, 2008Posted by C0Y in Computers, Internet, Technology.
Tags: computer, faster, USB 2.0, usb port
add a comment
Good news to all to all USB users and heavy data transferrers out there (I know there are many, including me), the specifications for the new USB 3.0 (pronounced as three point oh) has officially been announced.
The new USB 3.0 will go with a transfer rate of 4.8 Gbit/s… thats a whooping (600 MB/s) and is said to dump a 25GB HD file in just (more or less) 70 seconds.
Oooooh that’s fast…
But here’s the bad news, because the new upgraded version has added pins to it (see photo below), the old USB cables will definitely not work with it… meaning yo will need to buy USB 3.0 cables. But that’s just it I promise.
It’s ok, you’ll still have around 1 year to spend with your old USB cause this will not be out in the market until 2010.
But anything better is better right? Still a good news.
- Way Faster – this thing is obviously more faster than 2.0, so make sure you choose the right files to delete.
- No Worries – you may not be able to use the old cables with this out, but don’t worry… someone will find a way. They always do.
- USB 4.0 – I wonder what the 4.0 would be. More pins of course.
Windows – Unsolved Mysteries October 24, 2008Posted by C0Y in Computers, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: unsolved mysteries, windows mysteries
Here are some unsolved mysteries involving the worlds most used OS (Operating System) Windows.
I really can’t understand, and even find any logic as to why these things exists. Are they purposely made, or are they just coincidences that tells us that there are things without explanations…. or are there?
Here they are:
- No one can create a folder named “CON“. Unbelievable?… try it for yourself.
- (For windows users) Go to notepad and type Bush hid the facts. After which, save your work anywhere with any name and close notepad. Then re-open notepad and open your previously saved file and look what appears.
- Open Microsoft Word then type: =rand (200, 99) and press ENTER. By now I bet you’re seeing something strange that not even Bill Gates and his team can explain.
Bush trying these things… haha
Are these things telling us something, or are they just bugs of the old tycoon named Windows?
Even they don’t know.
- Weird – the whole thing is weird, and I have to admit I was doubtful at first…. now it’s weird.
- Coincidence? – about the Bush hid the facts part. s this just coincidence, or are there really a lot of mysteries about that name.
- Got To Try – I’m sure a lot of you are skeptical about this, so I suggest you try it for yourselves and see what I mean.
Asus Eee PC – Small, Smooth, and Easy October 20, 2008Posted by C0Y in Computers, Internet, Technology.
Tags: ASUS Eee PC, christmass gift, small laptop
add a comment
Definitely one way to add color your life is by having one of the hottest gadgets to hit the market this year, and if you’ve been checking out the net lately, then you’ve probably seen atleast one of those ASUS Eee PC featured in some blog or websites.
By the way, if you still don’t know what “Eee” means, it’s actually taken from the “three E’s” of their new advertising campaign slogan for the product which is: “Easy to learn, Easy to work, Easy to play”
So why do people love this little piece of wonder? Here are a few good reasons:
The Size – at 920 grams, it’s just like carrying. The Choices – you can either choose a 2GB, 4Gb or 8GB model, or upgrade your RAM from 512MB to 1GB, and are also available in white, black, pink, blue and green (color). The Design – it’s basically plain and simple, nothing fancy. The Features – 900 MHz Intel Celeron-M, plus a 1GB DDR2 RAM, WiFi, a 0.3MP webcam, three USB 2.0 ports, LAN port, built-in MMC/SD card reader, mic/headphone jack and external VGA port..wow! The Screen – it’s small but since the LED is backlit, the display is pretty good and it doesn’t strain the user’s eye on prolonged use, plus it has a VGA port that can be used to hook up to an external monitor, but that’s up to you. The Durability – having no mechanically moving parts and the absence of an optical drive makes it less prone to shock. Battery Life – Battery life rates between 2:45 hours and 3:30 hours.
Not bad for a small notebook.
- EEE – Excellent Enough for mE.
- Small But Terrible – in every sense of this line. Even with it’s price.
- Buy Me One – will anyone buy me one for Christmas? I will feature you in my blog. 🙂
Hanging External Hard Drive Enclosure… Really. October 11, 2008Posted by C0Y in Computers, Technology.
Tags: gadgets, hanging external hard drive enclosure, usb
add a comment
Carrying an external hard drive with your portable netbook or laptop used to be so cool, until it became a bit inconvenient with it lying around your table or wherever you place it, and this is a problem specially if you have a limited space.
But not if you make it hang in there…. Like this Hanging External Hard Drive by: (not yet sure who’s going to make this because it’s still a concept)
This little thing is an enclosure that will hold any standard hard disk drive for a more convenient usb access externally, and yes you can make it hang at the back of your laptop to refrain from banging it with your hands everytime you surf. Another thing good about this is that it’s able display a couple of LED indicators (showing the status of the drives).
(in different colors)
This is still a concept but I bet a lot of you guys would want to have something like this for Christmas. I know I would.
- Creative Convenience – this is how gadgets should be made now a days… creative and convenient.
- Why Not? – this really is a great idea so why not make it? (calling all tech companies)
- Evolution – if this thing is brought to reality, I’m sure it would have a lot of evolutions… soon it will be an enclosure that’s also a card reader, a blue tooth adapter, a wireless USB, and maybe an alarm clock. Who knows.
Washable Mouse by: Belkin September 22, 2008Posted by C0Y in Computers, Technology.
Tags: belkin, belkins washable mouse, washable mouse
add a comment
“Cleanliness is next to Godliness”, and Belkin says your computers’ mouse doesn’t have to be an exemption, that’s why they made the Belkin’s Washable Mouse. (do I have to say by Belkin?)
This literally washable mouse is water-resistant, which means that cleaning isn’t gonna be that much of a problem coz you can easily hand-wash it in your sink (or anywhere you wish) making it more likely to be cleaner and safer to use.
The mouse has an optical engine with 1200 dpi (high sensitivity) that works on many household surfaces like glass, wood, and other upholsteries, and it features scroll pads that can do vertical and horizontal scrolling with one easy touch.
All in all, it’s a great mouse…. And it means you’re gonna have more cleaning to do.
- All Washable – someday an entire computer set will be washable. Or any gadget perhaps.
- Great Invention – now your mouse can be cleaner, and you don’t have to worry about those spills you always (accidentally?) have with your drinks… in your computer table.
- Unplug Please – this thing is purely washable and water resistant, but cleaning it while it’s still plugged in your computer won’t really make it safe. Just a precaution. 🙂
Flash Games – Still For Everyone September 16, 2008Posted by C0Y in Computers, Internet.
Tags: anti pacman, flashgames, miniclip, pacman
1 comment so far
The evolution of computer games have been unbelievable these past two decades. From PacMan to Super Mario Bros., Street Fighter to Tekken, NBA Live to GTA, Dance Revo to Guitar Hero and now…. Anti Pacman (this is new).
This game is actually similar to the very famous PacMan game, but let’s just say the roles are reversed in this game. You get to play the 4 ghosts that seem to follow the Pacman (except when he’s eaten those bigger circle things that turns you blue), and as simple as it is, it’s guaranteed to give you a whole new level of fun. Even if it doesn’t look like any of those high-end games we have right now.
But, however impressive games seem to be evolving nowadays, people still love those simple, flash-type Free Games that we usually play during those 15 minute breaks in the office, minutes before a final exam, or for those time where you just can’t seem to think of anything else to do.
It really is a wonder how those really simple games (like those made by MiniClip) makes us all enjoy playing, even if we have our own high end game consoles at home. I mean, flash-games are mostly 2 dimensional and are short games to be played, but the simplicity, humor, creativity and availability of the game is what makes it so hard not to notice. You see, flash-games can be easily played in the internet and there wont be a need of further installations. It’s just as simple as clicking “Start” or “Play” and the next thing you know, your childhood is going back to you even in those short moments of playing. Plus, to make up with their short-lengths in terms of play, we get to choose from thousands and thousands of short games from sports to puzzles, races to shooting, educational to sexy, and a whole lot of categories you can choose from.
If you happen to be a fan of Yahoo Games or other flash game sites yourself, I’m sure you’ll somehow notice how fast this industry (flash-games) is growing. Multiple games are made every week, and even the latest games we play in PS3‘s or X-Box have their own flash-games version.
I guess we all still love to play those simple games after all.
- Game Equals Fun – I guess no matter what kind of game it is, old-or new, complex or simple, we still get to find the fun in it.
- Never Boring – Boring is playing a short length games, but having to choose from thousands of short length games wont give you a chance to be bored I’m sure.
- Recommended – I suggest you try playing AntiPacman… cause you get to experience the other side of the game. And it’s fun fun fun.
Bringing back the Good Ol’ Days…. July 26, 2008Posted by C0Y in Computers, News & Info, Technology.
Tags: Ion USB VCR, vcr, vhs
Just after the Betamax days and before there were VCD’s out in the market, a movie lovers best friend was a VCR, or otherwise known as a Video Cassette Recorder. For those who were born after the age of the cassette tapes, a VCR is a video tape recorder using removable videotape cassettes which contains magnetic tape to record (audio and video) from a television broadcast so it can be re played later on.
By the way, a videotape cassette look like this: (yes, that’s the tape)
But after there were (the smaller, handy, and more featured) VCD’s and DVD’s, the tape technology seems to be slowly fading away and finding themselves either under the beds, over the attic, or any place where people keep the old stuff (for memories only).
That was before the Ion USB VCR (above) entered the scene. This thing is capable of converting your old VCR videos straight to digital, and allows video capturing in MPEG4 (supporting up to 720×480 resolutions).
Talking bout bringing back the ol’ days huh! But that’s not all….
This baby also has RCA inputs (for other analog video sources), and a composite audio/video line output that can be used to connect to your television.
Now this is a good thing.
- The Old The New – this is just one of those limitless possibilities that they said technology can do.
- The Beatles !!! – I actually have a copy of their “Get Back” concert, and now I can watch it again. “Get back! Get back! Get back! to where you once belong. “
- The Return – with this made into possibility, I’m getting a sense that the old Jukebox machines would be seen in bars again. Maybe this time it would be digital.
Mini Cooper USB drive… Litlle Cool Thing. July 17, 2008Posted by C0Y in Computers, Rides, Technology.
Tags: minicooper, usb
add a comment
USB (Universal Serial Bus) Drives are one of the most useful, and interesting things ever invented in the world of technology. Ever since it was introduced to the public way back in November of 2008, it has always captured the attention of the people with it’s different styles, storage capacity, extra features and sizes, thus making it both a fashion item as well as a useful device.
Now out of all the designs (thousands of them) I’ve seen so far, the Mini Cooper USB (above) stands out to be the best so far. With a 1:48 replica scale, I can say it’s collectors-item material and I guess you all would agree with me when I say, it’s in every way cute. From the color, to the size, it really is something I wish Santa would give me this Christmas.
In my own experience, not much USB drives can make you take that second look everytime you insert it in your computers port…. but this one, just might be the kind. And I heard there are a lot of designs (mini cooper taxi, mini cooper police car, etc…) on the market already.
I guess nothing really is cooler than a Mini Cooper.
- Never Useless – unlike any thumb drives, this one makes you want to keep it even if the entirely corrupted.
- The Light!!!! – this thing was cool way before the headlights, but hey, look what it does everytime your computer reads it….
- Not Yet Sold – I honestly was searching for it somewhere on ebay but I can’t seem to find one for sale. Any ideas?