Stefani Zaner – 13 Years Of Perfect Attendance May 27, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Life, News & Info, People, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: Stefani Zaner
add a comment
Now let me get this straight… What you’re seeing now is not just a photo of a pretty face who’s on her way to college. Behind those smiles are actually 13 years of having to say “Present!” at school whatever the circumstances are. That 13 years of perfect attendance at school.
Yes you heard it right… Pretty girl Stefani Zaner is on her way to 2,340th straight day of public school without absences due to sickness, fake or real family emergencies, drunken nights, lazy days, or just about any excuse there is to be absent. Can you do that?
“There were days in high school when I thought she was too tired to get up,” said Debbie Zaner, Stefanie’s mother. “But by high school, it was up to her. It wasn’t up to me.”
And here’s one story: Before boarding the plane on a freshman trip to Shanghai with their schools marching band (she’s a part of it), Stef made sure she had a written assurance from the principal so that the trip would not count as an absence on her part. Now once again… Can you do that?
- I Can’t – go to school for every day it requires, and this even goes true on work.. even if we get paid for every day. Just liek you huh!
- Too Late – but even if I did want to beat her record… I know it’s too late for me… 13 years too late.
- How Bout College? – now we all know college is a different thing right? Can you do it Stefani? I want to know.
Tags: Suicide or Foul Play, Ted Failon, Trinidad Arteche
Trinidad Etong, wife of ABS-CBN news anchor Ted Failon Etong, passed away at 8:50 pm Thursday night after suffering from a gunshot wound to the head that her family said was self-inflicted more than a day earlier. read more
- Wife of Ted Failon passes away
- Police arrest two relatives of Failon
- ‘Arrest’ of Failon’s helpers hit
Ted Failon under Paraffin Test – Result: Negative
Eversince the wife of broadcast journalist Ted Failon was shot in the head inside their residence inQuezon City last yesterday, a lot of questions and speculations have risen both on the internet and to the public.
It all started when suddenly Ted Failon didn’t finish his daily morning radio program “Tambalang Failon at Sanchez” and hurried back home after receiving a phone call from one of his maids stating the situation of his wife.
It was reported that Ted and her wife Trinidad “Trina” Arteche-Failon had a quarrel the past few days due to some “family financial problems”. Anyway, after receiving the call, Ted hurried back home and that’s when he found his wife with a gunshot, bloodied. He then brought her wife to the nearest hospital and as of today, reports say the status of Trina is still critical.
Ted Failon clings tightly to (friend and former coleague) Vice President Noli de Castro inside his home in Tierra Pura, Quezon City. – Inquirer.net
But the story doesn’t end there. There are a lot of questions and issues in between the stories. Things like:
- Is it suicide or a foul play? – (burned hair and the presumed distance of the shot doesn’t imply suicide) . Trina is still yet to undergo paraffin test.
- The bloodied floor and the gun was cleaned by the family’s helpers – (was it done without permission, or was it ordered by Mr. Failon? It still remains a mystery due to inconsistencies of the reports.)
- The suicide letter seems unlikely – “Papa, I’m so sorry. Gustong gusto ko pong magsabi sa iyo ng totoo. Pero hindi ko po alam kung papaano ko uumpisahan. Sobrang takot na takot po ako. Aaalis po muna ako. Kasi hindi ko po kaya at nahihiya po ako sa iyo. Sana po mapatawad mo ako (I want to tell you the truth. But I don’t know how to start. I’m very afraid. I will leave now. I can’t take it and I’m ashamed. Hope you can forgive me).”
- Inconsistencies – 1. some reports says, Ted received a call, some said he called but was unanswered. 2. the scene was cleaned without his ordering, but some said there was an order from Ted. 3. the position of the gun and Trina also had inconsistencies.
- No gunshots were heard – very unlikely.
- Different testimonials by witnesses.
- See full story article here.
This are just my list, and I’m sure a lot of you also have lots of questions and speculations.
As for now, though we are all entitled to our own theories (since the whole truth isn’t stated yet), I guess it will be better for us to show our respect to the lives of those who are affected by this incident. Let us show that we are human despite what happened.
And as for Mr. Ted Failon, whom we all know have been in the News industry for quite sometime – I hope he will value the same principles that they have been living with in the industry. The TRUTH.
- Let’s Wait – whatever the truth is… let’s all value respect and have the patience till the truth comes out.
- The Truth – let’s just hope the truth will finally resolve this mystery.
- Your Comment? – what can you say about this issue?
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in Boracay April 4, 2009Posted by C0Y in Business & Economy, News & Info.
Tags: angelina jolie, boracay, bradd pitt, Joy Wassmer, shangrila
Wait!… Is this just Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt I see in the photo, or is it Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt in Boracay, Philippines?
Ever since a US-registered private plane arrived at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) last friday, non-stop rumors about Brangelina spending the holy week in Boracay has been widely spread in the internet and on the news in the country.
Rumors says that the couple will be gracing a soft opening of one of the ShangriLa Hotels and Resorts‘ four branches in the Philippine, however these rumors were denied by any of the branches stating that the couple is not among their guests.
Shangrila’s representative in Boracay also denied that a certain Joy Wassmer (the alias that Angelina Jolie usually uses), booked a room with them for the week.
However, a source from the resort confirmed that a representative of the couple booked a suite during the Lenten season.
- Good One – if it’s a rumor, it’s a good one.. if not, it’s also one good news.
- Marketing Move?- is it just a rumor or something like a marketing effort to promote something. ? Good question.
- Joy Wassmer – now that we know her alias, we might be more active on hearing names this time. Who knows, we might just bum into Angelina one day.
Earth Hour – Vote Earth! March 28, 2009Posted by C0Y in News & Info.
Tags: earth hour, World Wide Fund for Nature, World Wildlife Fund, WWF
Wherever you are in the world today (March 28, 2009) I highly encourage you to join this once in a year international event called the Earth Hour.
Joining is easy. All you have to do is to turn off non-essential lights and electrical appliances for one hour to raise awareness towards the need to take action on climate change. The event will start at 8:30PM local time, wherever you live on planet earth.
By the way, it is organised by the WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature/World Wildlife Fund).
“Earth Hour” heavily focuses on our campaign against global warming, but this year they transformed the event to seem similar to an election where people of all ages, nationalities, race and background have the opportunity to use their light switch as their vote – Switching off your lights is a vote for Earth, or leaving them on is a vote for global warming.
WWF are urging the world to VOTE EARTH in hopes of reaching the target of 1 billion votes, which will be presented to world leaders at the Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen 2009.
Now let’s unite and turn off those lights at 8:30 pm, whichever part in the world you live. let’s VOTE EARTH.
- So Easy – joining and casting a vote is really that easy. And we can save mankind thisway.
- Let’s Vote Now! – for one hour, let us be one with the whole world. Let’s make it a better place.
- Cellphones? – somebody actually asked me this… but I guess cellphones are also included, but that will be up to you. You might have some important calls to make, so it’s something optional.
Manny Pacquiao’s KO – A Warning To Ricky Hatton March 18, 2009Posted by C0Y in News & Info, People, Photos, Sports.
Tags: knock down, Las Vegas, Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton, MGM Grand
serious mode for pacman
If there’s anyone more focused and drop dead serious about the May 2 Manny Pacquiao vs. Ricky Hatton fight at the MGM in Las Vegas, it definitely is Manny “Pacman’ Pacquiao. I’ll show you why.
The following photos were taken during yesterday’s sparring session at the Wildcard Gym in Los Angeles. – Photo by Miguel Salazar / MP Promotions.
In this scene , you can see Manny Pacquiao‘s sparring partner Art Hovhannesyan (a pretty respectable boxer from Glendale, California), diving to the canvas after being hit by Pacquiao’s left cross. And let me just remind you, this happened with Art Hovhannesyan in full sparring gear. And did I mention it’s only the first day of Manny‘s training? Well I just did.
Pacquiao downs sparring partner
The next photo (below) shows you another left cross by Pacquiao, and by this time I’m pretty sure someone’s seeing stars already. If things continue to run this way, I bet Coach Freddy Roach will have a hard time looking for Sparring Partners.
I guess this clearly send a message to Ricky Hatton and his crew. And the message probably says: “Quit talking and start training, cause Pacquiao is coming… coming to give you one beating”
left hook hits sparring partners face
Now in the next photo, you will see Hovhannesyan’s trainer working on the cut on the upper eye-lid sustained during yesterday’s sparring session.
Let me just remind you that this happened even with full sparring gear, so mr. Hatton better make his face harder than those protective gears or practice not being hit which is highly doubtful if you ask me.
left eye-lid cut… bad sign for Hatton
Here’s what Manny has to say….
“I always like new challenges and this is why I am excited to fight Ricky Hatton,”… “My trainer Freddie Roach will put together a new game plan which will be much different than the one we used against Oscar (de la Hoya). Hatton is a very strong puncher so I must deal with that in the ring. I promise I will be completely prepared and will do my best for all of my fans in the Philippines and around the world.”
Now I don’t know what you guys are thinking, but the way I see it… it’s going to be another win for THE BEST pound for pound boxer in the world today…. Manny”pacman” Pacquiao.
- Certainty – everytime Manny puts on his serious face, specially on the first day f training, a win is always certain.
- Who’s Next? – will the question be “who’s next?” after this fight, or will it be a “what’s next?” this time. Please no politics.
- Better Train – unless Hatton plans on loosing this one, he better spend the last few days training and training some more. If he beat’s Pacquiao’s training, there just might be a chance he’ll beat him. MIGHT.
Farewell To Francis Magalona March 6, 2009Posted by C0Y in Life, Music, News & Info, People.
Tags: 3 stars and a sun, death, francis magalona, luekemia, master rapper
It was just August of last year that a lot of fans and friends of the “King of Pinoy Rap” Francis Magalona was saddened by the news that the Master rapper himself, an icon in the Filipino music scene, was diagnosed with leukemia at the age of 43 at the Medical City Hospital, Mandaluyong. But gradually, after slowly undergoing what doctors refer to as “treatment” and not cure, he was discharged and was able to return to his noontime show in GMA 7 “Eat Bulaga” to thank a lot of fans for their support.
Moments ago (12:00 pm , March 6,2009), in the same noontime show, fellow show host Vic Sotto made a formal announcement, that the music icon known to many as Francis M., suddenly past away due to his illness at 44. A minute of silence was requested to pay respects to their fellow host.
Francis Magalona is more than just a music icon and a influential rapper in the Phillipine music scene. He has helped a lot of Filipino talents enter and stablish themselves in the music scene, and he has inspired so many Filipino people. He is a brother, a good father, and a friend to many. I’d like to say that he is a symbol of what a true Filipino should be. Proud of the nation despite the troubles, and staying on his ground in humbleness despite his success.
Let this be my farewell to a true loud and Proud Filipino. Farewell Francis M. As long as there are still 3 Stars and A Sun…. You will be remembered .
- Lived A Life – at his age, it may be considered a young age to die. But I honestly think he had fulfilment living each day proud of helping and being an inspiration to a lot of Filipinos.
- More Than Rap – he made songs out of peace and unity among Filipino people, I he meant it while he sings every line of it. I hope a lot of people will see and do something about his message.
- A Great Filipino – inside out he was a proud Filipino, and is proud of what we can do. To us he is more than just a rapper. He is a free mind He is a hero.
Mashimaro – MP3 Player by: Soricom February 27, 2009Posted by C0Y in News & Info, Technology.
Tags: Mashimaro, Soricom, X MP3 Player
add a comment
Now isn’t this a cute little I’m-not-sure-what?
I’m not really sure if it’s a bear or if it’s a cat, but I’c quite pretty sure is an MP3Player. Meet Mashimaro the Mp3 player by: Soricom.
This little wonder supports MP3, WMA, ASF, WAV, OGG and APE, and has nine hours of playback and support.
The good thing is, it’s available in 3 different colors: white, blue, and pink to compliment your moods or preference. And more colors will be available soon I’m sure.
This Mashimaro MP3 player is definitely a cute one measuring only 54mm x 38mm x 38mm and is 19g only. Just as small as your regular cue ball I guess.
Wish I had one.
- Little One – the form and the size just makes it appealing.
- The Sound? – I bet you’re willing to ask me this, but honestly I don’t have facts or even rumors as to the sound quality it produces.
- Sleepy Cat – now I’ve reached a decision. This is a sleepy cat. Haha
Pinoy Jeepney January 27, 2009Posted by C0Y in Funny, News & Info, Rides.
Tags: cj3b, Filipino ingenuity, jeepney
add a comment
capacity: 5-6 persons
This photo above is that of an old jeep called the CJ-3B which was built in the early 1950’s and 60’s. With flat front fenders and a higher hood profile this became a common jeep for civilians During World War 2.
The American soldiers introduced the CJ3B to the Philippines in the early 1960’s , and since then it has been widely used…… in a different way.
And we now call it Jeepneys. (see photo below)
capacity: 25-30 persons (wow!)
Somehow the Filipinos managed to make additions and upgrades to it. A roof that reaches to the back end, sidewalls, and they pretty much managed to extend the body enough to accommodate a lot of people… inside, outside, and on top (see photo above).
Filipino ingenuity at it’s best.
- No Exaggeration – let me point this out. I am not exaggerating on the number of capacity a Jeepney can accommodate.
- A Typical Jeepney – here’s another truth: a typical jeepney has a lot of painted designs on the side. has stickers near the dash board saying things like “God Know Hudas Not Pay” or green jokes, on the passengers side has names of the drivers or owners family, and on the front (above the wind sheild) usually has a name of a saint or something catchy for a label.
- Only In The Philippines – though some countries have similar vehicles, the jeepney is still best seen and ridden only in the Philippines.
Pentax Optio P70 “Thin” Camera January 8, 2009Posted by C0Y in News & Info, Technology.
Tags: digital camera, face recognition, Pentax Optio P70, thin camera
Yes it’s 2009 and Pentax will be introducing its latest Pentax Optio P70 “very thin” digital camera. And when I say it’s “very thin”, I really mean it in every sense of the word.
The Optio P70 is a 12MP (mega pixels) digital camera, with a 4x optical zoom (that’s around 28-112 mm), a 2.7 inch TFT LCD screen (that’s larger than most digital cameras by the way), an ISO sensitivity up to 6400, and has a 720P video mode at 15 fps. But the real highlight of this new camera will be it’s superb Face Recognition feature which can track up to (take note)… 32 faces in 0.03 seconds. And that’s defintely a WOW for me.
But were not in the “very thin” part just yet.
This camera unbelievably measures 3.8-inch x 2.1-inch x 0.8-inch (that’s thin right?) and weights 4.4oz only. It’s powered by a Li-io battery D-LI88 and supports SDHC, and SD memory card.
By the way, it will be available this February 2009 for around $199.95.
- iCam? – is it just me, or did they model this thing from an iPhone. The design pretty much looks like it’s iPhone inspired.
- So Thin – .8 is really thin for a camera. I wonder how durable it is.
- Handy Indeed – the size and thickness makes it really really handy indeed. Plus it looks classy for a camera.
The “NEW” Brother Quattro 6000D Sewing Machine w/ LCD display January 3, 2009Posted by C0Y in Art & Literature, News & Info, Technology.
Tags: Brother Quattro 6000D Sewing Machine, lcd screen display, sewing machine
I don’t know if you’ve noticed this, but almost everytime there’s a new gadget in town it’s usually for the boys. “Toys for The Boys” as what they always say it is, but in rare times like today, someone somewhere bothered to make a toy for the girls (or mothers specifically) in the like of the Quattro 6000D Sewing Machine.
Now this ones really2x cool, and this would definitely change every bit of your Granny’s, Mother’s. Sister’s, or even yourself’s sewing experience. And just to make it a bit more than just a sewing machine, this gadget’s got a 7-inch HD (like no other sewing machine has), an embedded runway lighting (like no other sewing machine has again), and a camera right next to the needle (to make sure you’re running on the right sewing track). Beat that!
Sewing will never be the same again.
- Finally – there’s something we can give our beloved mothers that will really rock.
- No Price – I have yet to find how much this thing costs, but I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be a bit expensive.
- What Else – I wonder what this thing can do besides sewing and it’s main features. Play DVD’s? Play Music?… This would be cool.