The DOS Pillow February 28, 2009Posted by C0Y in Computers, Funny.
When you live in the world of codes and are fascinated by the way a certain letters and numbers do wonders in a big black screen, then you’re definitely a “Computer Programmer”.
And what do computer programmers have in common? …. The lack of SLEEP (mostly because they don’t know where the syntax error is). And this lack of sleep is really a health threat even if they don’t believe it.
Good thing someone bothered to make the DOS Pillow. (photo above)
Now every programmer ca sleep soundly in the presence of the big black screen and the DOS prompt.
- Perfect Idea – they may be capable of making computers think, but a pillow is not one they would bother. Making this a perfect idea.
- Where To Buy? – I’m sure it can;t be downloaded either, so I was really hoping someone would have any info.
- Define Sleep – do programmers define sleep as a 1-2 (if lucky) hours of constant closing of the eyes? That is a question.
Mashimaro – MP3 Player by: Soricom February 27, 2009Posted by C0Y in News & Info, Technology.
Tags: Mashimaro, Soricom, X MP3 Player
add a comment
Now isn’t this a cute little I’m-not-sure-what?
I’m not really sure if it’s a bear or if it’s a cat, but I’c quite pretty sure is an MP3Player. Meet Mashimaro the Mp3 player by: Soricom.
This little wonder supports MP3, WMA, ASF, WAV, OGG and APE, and has nine hours of playback and support.
The good thing is, it’s available in 3 different colors: white, blue, and pink to compliment your moods or preference. And more colors will be available soon I’m sure.
This Mashimaro MP3 player is definitely a cute one measuring only 54mm x 38mm x 38mm and is 19g only. Just as small as your regular cue ball I guess.
Wish I had one.
- Little One – the form and the size just makes it appealing.
- The Sound? – I bet you’re willing to ask me this, but honestly I don’t have facts or even rumors as to the sound quality it produces.
- Sleepy Cat – now I’ve reached a decision. This is a sleepy cat. Haha
The Voice – Joanna Ampil February 26, 2009Posted by C0Y in Art & Literature, People.
Tags: jesus christ superstar, joanna ampil, Le Misarables, lea salongga, lord andrew lloyd webber, miss saigon, sir cameron mackintosh
If Angels are graced with true beauty and a peacefully graceful voice, then one might consider this girl an Angel on stage. And her names is Joanna Ampil.
Joanna is a Filipina musical theatre actress who began her acting career when she was chosen to play the role of Kim in the London production of “Miss Saigon”.
She was invited by Sir Cameron Mackintosh to perform the same role in the Australian Premiere at the Capitol Theatre in Sydney which earned her an Australian “MO” award nomination for Best Musical Theatre Performer.
On 1996, she came back to London and was handpicked by Lord Andrew LLoyd Webber to play the role of Mary Magdalene in his new production of “Jesus Christ Superstar” at the Lyceum Theatre. Something no Filipina theatre singer (Including miss Lea Salonga) has experienced.
Other highlights include playing roles in: West Side Story (Maria), Les Miserables (Fantine), Hair (Sheila Franklin), and Rent (Mimi).
Aside from her theatre achievements, Joanna has also appeared in several concerts, radio and TV programs globally, helped in several charity projects, workshops, and documentaries.
A World Class Artist. A Proud Filipina. A helping heart.That’s Joanna Ampil.
- World Class – an artist of her talent and achievement really deserves to be called “world class”.
- Her Own – a lot of people may always compare her to yet another Filipina world Class artist Lea Salonga, but I honestly hinkg she is her own. Joanna is Joanna.
- Voice Range? – Soprano and Mezzo-Soprano
Kaley Christine Cuoco February 25, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, T.V..
Tags: chuck lorre, kaley christine cuoco, television actress, the big bang theory
add a comment
Kaley Christine Cuoco
I just happen to be an addict of yet another Chuck Lorre (writer: Two and a half men) T.V. Comedy – “The Big Bang Theory“. It’s about two hyper-intelligent (or freakin geniuses) roommates who suddenly realizes that there are far more greater things to learn in life outside of their labs when they suddenly had a very pretty, sexy, cool, and not nerdy girl living on the next door named Penny.
And this post is all about her.
Penny is played by none other than the young and talented American television actress Kaley Christine Cuoco. A familiar face if you happen to watch a lot of Television series.
Kaley actually started acting and modelling a the age of 6 and got her first major role on the 1992 TV movie “Quicksand: No Escape”. It didn’t take long before her talent was discovered and loved, until she finally found her self playing roles in a lot of hit T.V. series including: Charmed, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, Prison Break Monster Allergy, and The Big Bang Theory.
Her biggest claim to fame however happened when she played the role of As Bridget Hennessy on ABC’s “8 Simple Rules… for Dating My Teenage Daughter” (2002-2005).
click to enlarge
Other things about her:
- Learned to play tennis at age 3, and was a nationally ranked amateur player.
- Appeared in six Barbie commercials as a child.
- Earned her high-school diploma at age 16.
- Won the 2003 Teen Choice Award for Breakthrough Actress.
- No.21 on FHM‘s ‘Online 100 Sexiest Women 2008’, No. 56 in the ‘100 Hottest Blondes of AIM’, and a part of TV’s 50 Sexiest females of 2008.
- More Than Pretty – this is what I love about her. Not just another pretty face, but a very talented one indeed.
- She Loves Dogs? – judging from the photo… I think she loves dogs.
- Evidently Sexy – just tale a look at the las part of the things about her of this post and you’ll know what I means.
One Plastic Can February 24, 2009Posted by C0Y in Food & Drinks.
Tags: carbonated water, plastic can
add a comment
I know… I know… Plastic is one thing, and a can is another. But we live in a world full of surprising inventions and unlimited possibilities. I guess even ChillBEV proved this when they made the first ever (not sure about thid though) weird “plastic can”. Just look at the photo above and, by the way, this was not edited in any way. It’s actually a carbonated water soda and a carbonated water isn’t really something new to me, but I guess the packaging got me to buy it. Now I’m blogging it. Hahaha.
- Nice Idea – it actually gives it a more interesting look which is a good marketing strategy, and it shows the clearness of the product (because it is water).
- Easily Recyclable? – I’m not sure about this, but I guess being mostly plastic makes it easier to recycle… but less biodegradable.
- Feel The Chill – seeing what’s inside really does do the rick. 🙂
“The Lion King” Movie – Not Original? February 20, 2009Posted by C0Y in Movies, Photos, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: copied, kimba the white lion, simba, the lion king, unoriginal
If you guys have been born somewhere between 1980-1994, then you’ve probably heard of “Kimba The White Lion” and Simba from “The Lion King“.
Wait!!!… don’t they sound similar?
Kimba and Simba
Well there’s been a lot of “originality” issues between the two movies for quite some time now, but the big question still remains.
Is “The Lion King” really copied from “Kimba The Wihte Lion”?
Let’s look at the facts.
Lion, with it’s head up hight, faces the clouds on the cliff….
Father and Son lion scene…
Father lion appearing on the clouds…
“I said to my wife, ‘Don’t tell me that the father lion is going to appear in the clouds.’ And he did! I couldn’t believe it!” —Fred Ladd,
(executive producer of Kimba The White Lion, on seeing The Lion King for the first time)
What do you think??? Let me know. 🙂
- Unbelievable! – even the drawings really look the same right?
- Uhm… Coincidence? – I don’t think so…. but anythings possible.
- Inspired – they could have just said it was inspired from the movie… but they didn’t.
read the whole story here.
What If iPhones Were… February 16, 2009Posted by C0Y in Technology.
Tags: iphone concept
add a comment
Built with cameras capable of zooming 4 times the size… just like your regular Point & Shoot camera…. or more.
And yes, the lenses to come out.
Or maybe made to be used sideways, to make it more favorable for viewing videos…. this would be cool …
Maybe even capable of being see-through to make it more impressive than it already is…
Now how would that go?
- Real? – no.. still a concept.
- Possible? – hmmmm… what else isn’t?
- Nice? – what do you think?
Big Brother Skating (literally) February 7, 2009Posted by C0Y in Funny, Photos.
Tags: animation, gif, skating
add a comment
Now this is how you make a skate board out of your big brother… or anyone else actually.
There are 3things that impressed me with this photo. One is their weird creativity having to think of such a thing to do during their free time on the road. Two would be how he (skater boy) convinced skate boy that he was gonna be the skate in this scene, and Third would be that unbelievable flip they performed (just look closely and see what I mean).
Oh wait, this is only GIF and not a video…… that’s impressive right?
- Wow!!! – world of weird indeed…
- Well Done – I guess you’ll agree with me on this one. This is one great gif worth your views.
- More? – i wonder if these boys have other creations besides this. That would be cool.
The Pinoy Pinedas February 5, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Music, People.
Tags: allan pineda, arnel pineda, black eyed black peas, the journey
add a comment
The family name PINEDA has been a common name for the Filipinos in the Philippines. But ironically, TWO A.Pineda‘s broke the barriers in the Filipino music industry by making it big internationally.
I’m talking about Allan Pineda (APL de Ap of Black Eyed Peas) and Arnel Pineda (The Journey’s new frontmant). Both big names that came from humble beginnings. (click on their names to read their stories)
Is it irony… or is it destiny? I really think what they had was more than just luck, and more of what they call “the price of dreaming”.
- Inspirational – and I believe they inspire a lot of people, not just in the Philippines, but around the world.
- Coincidence? – does being an A. Pineda make you closer to your dreams, or is it just coincidence? You decide.
- Go Pinoy!!! – nothing more.