Stefani Zaner – 13 Years Of Perfect Attendance May 27, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Life, News & Info, People, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: Stefani Zaner
add a comment
Now let me get this straight… What you’re seeing now is not just a photo of a pretty face who’s on her way to college. Behind those smiles are actually 13 years of having to say “Present!” at school whatever the circumstances are. That 13 years of perfect attendance at school.
Yes you heard it right… Pretty girl Stefani Zaner is on her way to 2,340th straight day of public school without absences due to sickness, fake or real family emergencies, drunken nights, lazy days, or just about any excuse there is to be absent. Can you do that?
“There were days in high school when I thought she was too tired to get up,” said Debbie Zaner, Stefanie’s mother. “But by high school, it was up to her. It wasn’t up to me.”
And here’s one story: Before boarding the plane on a freshman trip to Shanghai with their schools marching band (she’s a part of it), Stef made sure she had a written assurance from the principal so that the trip would not count as an absence on her part. Now once again… Can you do that?
- I Can’t – go to school for every day it requires, and this even goes true on work.. even if we get paid for every day. Just liek you huh!
- Too Late – but even if I did want to beat her record… I know it’s too late for me… 13 years too late.
- How Bout College? – now we all know college is a different thing right? Can you do it Stefani? I want to know.
Carmen Soo – T2 – Pssssssst! April 17, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Movies.
Tags: Carmen Soo, Chito Roño, T2
1 comment so far
First of all, I would like to congratulate all the cast of the (now making 25 million and running) new Horror film from Star Cinema “T2” directed by Chito Roño.
But while I was watching the film yesterday, I noticed one girl who really captured my attention even if she played the antagonist of the film in the form of an “enkanto” (a mystical being from another world) most likely known as the mysterious “White Lady” in the Philippines. And her name is Carmen Soo.
Well the film actually had the best actress in Philippine showbiz for me, Maricel Soriano, and just about the prettiest and talented nine year old in show business today, Mica de la Cruz, but I just have to say Carmen Soo made the horror film a a sight of beauty for me.
By the way, Carmen Soo is a British-Chinese fashion model and actress born in Malaysia. And I don’t know if you noticed her, but she actually had a minor acting role in the movie ‘Gorgeous‘ alongside Jackie Chan & Shu Qi, and she later on played the leading actress in Aaron Kwok’s musical special.
No wonder why Malaysia once labeled her as their “Sexiest Secret”. Cause she is by looks, and everything about her sexy.
- Real Name – is Carmen Soo Wai Mun. Now doesn’t that sound more Asian to you?
- Whats T2? – just in case some of you are still wondering, T2 means Tenement No. 2. A semi abandoned building made into homes for the homeless.
- Soo Beautiful – isn’t she?
Tags: Suicide or Foul Play, Ted Failon, Trinidad Arteche
Trinidad Etong, wife of ABS-CBN news anchor Ted Failon Etong, passed away at 8:50 pm Thursday night after suffering from a gunshot wound to the head that her family said was self-inflicted more than a day earlier. read more
- Wife of Ted Failon passes away
- Police arrest two relatives of Failon
- ‘Arrest’ of Failon’s helpers hit
Ted Failon under Paraffin Test – Result: Negative
Eversince the wife of broadcast journalist Ted Failon was shot in the head inside their residence inQuezon City last yesterday, a lot of questions and speculations have risen both on the internet and to the public.
It all started when suddenly Ted Failon didn’t finish his daily morning radio program “Tambalang Failon at Sanchez” and hurried back home after receiving a phone call from one of his maids stating the situation of his wife.
It was reported that Ted and her wife Trinidad “Trina” Arteche-Failon had a quarrel the past few days due to some “family financial problems”. Anyway, after receiving the call, Ted hurried back home and that’s when he found his wife with a gunshot, bloodied. He then brought her wife to the nearest hospital and as of today, reports say the status of Trina is still critical.
Ted Failon clings tightly to (friend and former coleague) Vice President Noli de Castro inside his home in Tierra Pura, Quezon City. – Inquirer.net
But the story doesn’t end there. There are a lot of questions and issues in between the stories. Things like:
- Is it suicide or a foul play? – (burned hair and the presumed distance of the shot doesn’t imply suicide) . Trina is still yet to undergo paraffin test.
- The bloodied floor and the gun was cleaned by the family’s helpers – (was it done without permission, or was it ordered by Mr. Failon? It still remains a mystery due to inconsistencies of the reports.)
- The suicide letter seems unlikely – “Papa, I’m so sorry. Gustong gusto ko pong magsabi sa iyo ng totoo. Pero hindi ko po alam kung papaano ko uumpisahan. Sobrang takot na takot po ako. Aaalis po muna ako. Kasi hindi ko po kaya at nahihiya po ako sa iyo. Sana po mapatawad mo ako (I want to tell you the truth. But I don’t know how to start. I’m very afraid. I will leave now. I can’t take it and I’m ashamed. Hope you can forgive me).”
- Inconsistencies – 1. some reports says, Ted received a call, some said he called but was unanswered. 2. the scene was cleaned without his ordering, but some said there was an order from Ted. 3. the position of the gun and Trina also had inconsistencies.
- No gunshots were heard – very unlikely.
- Different testimonials by witnesses.
- See full story article here.
This are just my list, and I’m sure a lot of you also have lots of questions and speculations.
As for now, though we are all entitled to our own theories (since the whole truth isn’t stated yet), I guess it will be better for us to show our respect to the lives of those who are affected by this incident. Let us show that we are human despite what happened.
And as for Mr. Ted Failon, whom we all know have been in the News industry for quite sometime – I hope he will value the same principles that they have been living with in the industry. The TRUTH.
- Let’s Wait – whatever the truth is… let’s all value respect and have the patience till the truth comes out.
- The Truth – let’s just hope the truth will finally resolve this mystery.
- Your Comment? – what can you say about this issue?
The ‘NEW’ Three Stooges March 27, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Movies.
Tags: Benecio del Toro, curly, jim carrey, larry, moe, sean penn, three stooges
Remember Larry, Moe, and Curly most commonly known as a group called the Three Stooges ? Don’t worry – I’m not gonna talk about your age. But if you do then this good news is certainly for you.
MGM and the Farrelly Brothers are finally giving a go signal to their upcoming project “The Three Stooges,” a comedy that the filmmakers have been developing for years. And here’s the better news, the cast includes BIG names such as Sean Penn (set to play Larry), Jim Carrey (in negotiations to play Curly), and Benicio del Toro (rumored possibility for the brothers’ taciturn leader, Moe).
The studio is positive to start production in the fall for a 2010 release date target.
The film is not a biopic but a fictional treatment that maintains the Stooges’ gleeful slap schtick updated for a modern theme.
Included in the story line is an opening that shows the Stooges as kids (can you believe this?) in an orphanage.
- Wow – now this is a good movie to bring back to life.
- The Cast – not everyone is a comedian in the chosen cast, but given their talent, the roles won’t be a big problem.
- Fans? – are their anyone besides me who are still fans of the show? Raise your hands please.
Freida Pinto, Frienda Pinto, & More. March 20, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Photos.
Tags: Freida Pinto, Slumdog Millionaire
1 comment so far
The multi-awarded movie “Slumdog Millionaire” may have almost everything this year, but if you ask me who the real winner is, I’d have to say it’s “Latika!” (slumdog boy voice).
No matter what everybody says, I’d still go for Freida Pinto as the HOTTEST girl in town today (sorry Megan Fox). Her beauty might be a little Emmanuelle Chriqui-ish but let’s just say she had a better timing in entering the world of celebrity.
Just to give you a clue on how HOT she is right now, I will show you 6 Magazines that made her the cover girl, and it all happened just days or weeks or month’s after the movie was first showed to the public. (note: these are not the only magazines with her on the cover… but it’s the best ones that I found.)
See what I mean? Now let me just tell you this…. the thing that’s happening to her, the awards, the Bond-girl rumors, the magazine covers, and the Woody Allen film casting (not to mention the millions she’s earning)… this doesn’t happen to every 24 year old girl who’s a part of an award winning film.
This just simply means that she’s got what everybody thinks they’re looking for in a celebrity…. and I still don’t know what that is.
To tell you the truth, I don’t know half of what I’m saying here, and I just thought Freida Pinto‘s gotta be blogged about to day. It doesn’t matter what it’s about, as long as it’s about her. So if you’re a blogger, and you happen to read this one…. please blog about her too and see what the world thinks.
- The Name – it’s gotta mean something right?..
- A Campaign – for those who happen to read this.. this is a campaign to bring more Freida Pinto into our movies.
- Left Smile – did yo notice anything about most of her photos? She seems to love that left side smile right huh! Well I love it too. 🙂
Lie To Me – The Truth Is Written All Over Our Face March 18, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, T.V., Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: Dr. Paul Ekman, facial expressions expert, Lie To Me, Tim Roth
I can’t live a day without downloading a movie or a tv-series. That is a fact. And everytime I have nothing more to download, I look for new series’ or complete season tv-shows on torrent sites just to get my day complete.
And where did this led me last week? Fox’s new Drama series “Lie To Me“.
Lie To Me is a compelling new drama from the producers of 24. It stars Tim Roth (yes, the one in “The Incredible Hulk“) as Dr. Lightman, the world’s leading deception expert who studies facial expressions and involuntary body language to discover not only if someone is lying, but why. When someone shrugs one shoulder, rotates a hand or raises the lower lip, Lightman knows he’s lying. – thanks to Fox.com
And here are the casts:
|Tim Roth||…||Dr. Cal Lightman|
|Kelli Williams||…||Dr. Gillian Foster|
|Monica Raymund||…||Ria Torres|
|Brendan Hines||…||Eli Loker|
One great thing I love about the show, aside from it’s unique concept, is the way they present certain similarities in facial expressions with the shows characters, and real life ones (Clinton, Jessica Simpson, etc..) everytime there is a certain expression to take note.
By the way, the show is based on the real-life scientific discoveries of Dr. Paul Ekman.
- The Concept – you might be bored of CSI-like shows, or the monyk. but this one’s really something else. Watching it is highly recommended.
- Tim Roth – is it just me or does this guy look like an Al Pacino combined with a little bit of Andy Garcia. Talent included.
- My Lens – my lens about the different expression will be complete soon. I’ll be placing the link here. Hope you’ll wait.
How Hot Is Slumdog Millionaire? March 16, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Funny, Music, People.
Tags: Freida Pinto, Next Bond Girl, Nicole Scherzinger, Slumdog Millionaire, Woody allen movie
add a comment
(trust me, I won’t be talking about the awards and box office sales on this one.)
Ok. So they’ve won almost all awards in this years numerous movie awards, and they’ve made such a fortune out of it, but my real question is? How hot is the movie Slumdog Millionaire?
Well if we talk about hot, we have to start with “Latika” herself Freida Pinto.
Well ever since this Mumbai-born professional model made her debut in the film “Slumdog Millionaire”, a lot of people have begun to notice everything about her (from the looks to the body that is) and just as expected, numerous offers are already ringing for this young talent. This includes a yet untitled Woody Allen movie where she is already casted along with the names of Anthony Hopkins, Antonio Banderas, and Naomi Watts. But that’s not it.
Well rumors say’s that the movie (specially Freida) had so much impact that she is even in discussion of being the next Bond Girl for yet another Daniel Craig 007 movie. Now isn’t that hot?
Slumdog Millionaire inspired sexy outfit
But that’s not it…. when a pussycat-doll-sexy girl like Nicole Scherzinger wears something inspired by a movie, you have to say that movie’s really something else.
Am I right?
- Millionaire – like the title of their movies, I guess we can say they all are millionaires now.
- Freida Pinto – now she is one great girl for a lot of roles. Keep them coming please.
- The Next Bond? – does anyone know what the next bond movie will be? Please let me know.
Anna Torv is Olivia Dunham March 12, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, People, T.V..
Tags: anna torv, fringe, j.j. abrams, joshua jackson, olivia dunham, peter bishop, walter bishop
I’ve been watching Fox‘s new Sci-Fi drama “Fringe“ lately and everything about the show seems to interest me. But one character in particular really captured my (and my eyes) attention.
And that character is Olivia Dunham played by, yet another J.J. Abrams discoveries, Anna Torv.
Olivia Dunham is a driven and intelligent FBI Agent who is very open-minded and is willing to do anything for those she loves. Anything including placing herself in a tank half-filled with water that can make her get inside the consciousness of her presumably dead lover allowing her to access what ever memory her lover has. And just to point it out, this process is so risky that even Dr. Walter Bishop (John Noble) doesn’t recommend it. But so far, she’s tried it 3 times already this season.
Well, the character and Anna Torv herself is not really the head turner type of girl, and I even doubted her appeal at first, but somehow (a couple of episodes later) I begin to see what J.J. Abrams saw in her.
Maybe it’s the way she moves, or the way she smiles, or even the way she plays a determined but confused character so well. But whatever it is, I guess it’s making me (and a lot of you) love her more.
By the way, as the story unfolds in the show, I’m beginning to see a bit of romance between her character Olivia Dunham, and Peter Bishop (Joshua Jackson – Dawsons Creek).
I’m inviting you all to watch “Fringe” and when you do, tell me what you think about her cause I just felt like blogging about her today.
- Anna’s Beginnings – for those who are interested, Anna graduated in Australia’s National Institute of Dramatic Art in 2001 and has performed on stage with the Bell Shakespeare Company.
- J.J. Who? – J.J. Abrams is more known to be the man who discovered TV talents such as Keri Russell (Felicity), Jennifer Garner (Alias), and Evangeline Lilly (Lost).
- Fringe Means… – not really sure. Found definitions in the internet, but nothing really fits what the movie says it is.
Terminator IV Salvation: Almost Here March 3, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Movies.
Tags: christian bale, john connor, sam worthington, terminator salvation
1 comment so far
I looked up the meaning of salvation in wikipedia, and it gave me this meaning: The concept that God saves humanity from death.
Now I wonder how John Connor will act as God and save the lives of humanity in this 4th installment of the Terminator movie Terminator IV Salvation.
The movie stars Christian Bale as John Connor, the man chosen to lead the human resistance (or whats left of it) after Skynet has destroyed much of humanity in a nuclear holocaust. But the future that Connor used envision was somehow altered by the appearance of Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington), a stranger whose last memory is of being on death sentence. Now Connor must decide whether Marcus has been sent from the future, or rescued from the past while they both stumble on a journey that leads them to the heart of Skynet‘s operations, thus uncovering the terrible secret behind the planned annihilation of mankind.
Now isn’ this enough to make you wanna watch the film? Well, we all just have to wait for the “end to begin” this April 21st.
- At Last! – the last installment was way back in 2003. And that’s a very very long time ago right?
- Bale For Governor? – the last time I checked, Terminator just entered himself into politics and won.
- Must Watch – not because it Bale, or because it’s a terminator movie… but because salvation were talking about here. Or not.
Kaley Christine Cuoco February 25, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, T.V..
Tags: chuck lorre, kaley christine cuoco, television actress, the big bang theory
add a comment
Kaley Christine Cuoco
I just happen to be an addict of yet another Chuck Lorre (writer: Two and a half men) T.V. Comedy – “The Big Bang Theory“. It’s about two hyper-intelligent (or freakin geniuses) roommates who suddenly realizes that there are far more greater things to learn in life outside of their labs when they suddenly had a very pretty, sexy, cool, and not nerdy girl living on the next door named Penny.
And this post is all about her.
Penny is played by none other than the young and talented American television actress Kaley Christine Cuoco. A familiar face if you happen to watch a lot of Television series.
Kaley actually started acting and modelling a the age of 6 and got her first major role on the 1992 TV movie “Quicksand: No Escape”. It didn’t take long before her talent was discovered and loved, until she finally found her self playing roles in a lot of hit T.V. series including: Charmed, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, Prison Break Monster Allergy, and The Big Bang Theory.
Her biggest claim to fame however happened when she played the role of As Bridget Hennessy on ABC’s “8 Simple Rules… for Dating My Teenage Daughter” (2002-2005).
click to enlarge
Other things about her:
- Learned to play tennis at age 3, and was a nationally ranked amateur player.
- Appeared in six Barbie commercials as a child.
- Earned her high-school diploma at age 16.
- Won the 2003 Teen Choice Award for Breakthrough Actress.
- No.21 on FHM‘s ‘Online 100 Sexiest Women 2008’, No. 56 in the ‘100 Hottest Blondes of AIM’, and a part of TV’s 50 Sexiest females of 2008.
- More Than Pretty – this is what I love about her. Not just another pretty face, but a very talented one indeed.
- She Loves Dogs? – judging from the photo… I think she loves dogs.
- Evidently Sexy – just tale a look at the las part of the things about her of this post and you’ll know what I means.