Stefani Zaner – 13 Years Of Perfect Attendance May 27, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Life, News & Info, People, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: Stefani Zaner
add a comment
Now let me get this straight… What you’re seeing now is not just a photo of a pretty face who’s on her way to college. Behind those smiles are actually 13 years of having to say “Present!” at school whatever the circumstances are. That 13 years of perfect attendance at school.
Yes you heard it right… Pretty girl Stefani Zaner is on her way to 2,340th straight day of public school without absences due to sickness, fake or real family emergencies, drunken nights, lazy days, or just about any excuse there is to be absent. Can you do that?
“There were days in high school when I thought she was too tired to get up,” said Debbie Zaner, Stefanie’s mother. “But by high school, it was up to her. It wasn’t up to me.”
And here’s one story: Before boarding the plane on a freshman trip to Shanghai with their schools marching band (she’s a part of it), Stef made sure she had a written assurance from the principal so that the trip would not count as an absence on her part. Now once again… Can you do that?
- I Can’t – go to school for every day it requires, and this even goes true on work.. even if we get paid for every day. Just liek you huh!
- Too Late – but even if I did want to beat her record… I know it’s too late for me… 13 years too late.
- How Bout College? – now we all know college is a different thing right? Can you do it Stefani? I want to know.
The Beauty Of Broken Things May 25, 2009Posted by C0Y in Art & Literature, Photos, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: Brock Davis, shattered art
add a comment
Some artworks have been shattered…. but surprisingly some shattered things have been made into art as well.
Or atleast his is what Brock Davis, (a talented American artist) had in mind when he conceptualized these odd kind of creativity in the name of “Shattered Art”.
The concept basically revolves around what some ordinary objects, that aren’t usually shattered, would look like if they were shattered on the floor.
Who would ever think a banana could shatter right? But if it did, it would look like this photo (above), and I don’t know about you, but I just see the art in it.
To see more of Brock’s work click here.
- Loved To See – you know what I loved to see shattered? A Wii.
- How Did You? – come up with this concept I mean.
- The Art – I guess know it’s safe to say that we all have the potential to make our own kind of art.
Who Made This Happy Mothers Day Poem? May 9, 2009Posted by C0Y in Art & Literature, Home and Family.
Tags: moms day, mothers day poem
add a comment
Happy Mothers Day to all mothers and would be mothers in the world.
By the way, this greeting is only applicable for all the “Maternity Leave” qualified individuals…. lol… Just kidding.
Anyway, here’s a little poem for all the Mothers reading this….
Mothers Day Love by: Jacob Fuentes
Let It be Mothers Day
The hardest job in the world is definitely being a Mother….
I am not one, but I know there is no other
Mothers told us not to drink, not to smoke, not to hurt a woman
Mothers made us realize life… and now our lives has just began.
Though Mothers don’t really know whats best sometimes,
They still try to do their best for us everytime
Like fixing our lunch or tie for a date or interview
I think they also invented and gave us our first Curfew.
But Mothers will be Mothers, and this is their day
A day off from motherhood would be good, but they’ve always understood
That being a Mothers is not just a job or a responsibility
It is a gift… and a gift only they are worth having.
Let’s make them feel they are our life’s gift today.
Let’s give them love on Mothers Day…
Carmen Soo – T2 – Pssssssst! April 17, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Movies.
Tags: Carmen Soo, Chito Roño, T2
1 comment so far
First of all, I would like to congratulate all the cast of the (now making 25 million and running) new Horror film from Star Cinema “T2” directed by Chito Roño.
But while I was watching the film yesterday, I noticed one girl who really captured my attention even if she played the antagonist of the film in the form of an “enkanto” (a mystical being from another world) most likely known as the mysterious “White Lady” in the Philippines. And her name is Carmen Soo.
Well the film actually had the best actress in Philippine showbiz for me, Maricel Soriano, and just about the prettiest and talented nine year old in show business today, Mica de la Cruz, but I just have to say Carmen Soo made the horror film a a sight of beauty for me.
By the way, Carmen Soo is a British-Chinese fashion model and actress born in Malaysia. And I don’t know if you noticed her, but she actually had a minor acting role in the movie ‘Gorgeous‘ alongside Jackie Chan & Shu Qi, and she later on played the leading actress in Aaron Kwok’s musical special.
No wonder why Malaysia once labeled her as their “Sexiest Secret”. Cause she is by looks, and everything about her sexy.
- Real Name – is Carmen Soo Wai Mun. Now doesn’t that sound more Asian to you?
- Whats T2? – just in case some of you are still wondering, T2 means Tenement No. 2. A semi abandoned building made into homes for the homeless.
- Soo Beautiful – isn’t she?
Tags: Suicide or Foul Play, Ted Failon, Trinidad Arteche
Trinidad Etong, wife of ABS-CBN news anchor Ted Failon Etong, passed away at 8:50 pm Thursday night after suffering from a gunshot wound to the head that her family said was self-inflicted more than a day earlier. read more
- Wife of Ted Failon passes away
- Police arrest two relatives of Failon
- ‘Arrest’ of Failon’s helpers hit
Ted Failon under Paraffin Test – Result: Negative
Eversince the wife of broadcast journalist Ted Failon was shot in the head inside their residence inQuezon City last yesterday, a lot of questions and speculations have risen both on the internet and to the public.
It all started when suddenly Ted Failon didn’t finish his daily morning radio program “Tambalang Failon at Sanchez” and hurried back home after receiving a phone call from one of his maids stating the situation of his wife.
It was reported that Ted and her wife Trinidad “Trina” Arteche-Failon had a quarrel the past few days due to some “family financial problems”. Anyway, after receiving the call, Ted hurried back home and that’s when he found his wife with a gunshot, bloodied. He then brought her wife to the nearest hospital and as of today, reports say the status of Trina is still critical.
Ted Failon clings tightly to (friend and former coleague) Vice President Noli de Castro inside his home in Tierra Pura, Quezon City. – Inquirer.net
But the story doesn’t end there. There are a lot of questions and issues in between the stories. Things like:
- Is it suicide or a foul play? – (burned hair and the presumed distance of the shot doesn’t imply suicide) . Trina is still yet to undergo paraffin test.
- The bloodied floor and the gun was cleaned by the family’s helpers – (was it done without permission, or was it ordered by Mr. Failon? It still remains a mystery due to inconsistencies of the reports.)
- The suicide letter seems unlikely – “Papa, I’m so sorry. Gustong gusto ko pong magsabi sa iyo ng totoo. Pero hindi ko po alam kung papaano ko uumpisahan. Sobrang takot na takot po ako. Aaalis po muna ako. Kasi hindi ko po kaya at nahihiya po ako sa iyo. Sana po mapatawad mo ako (I want to tell you the truth. But I don’t know how to start. I’m very afraid. I will leave now. I can’t take it and I’m ashamed. Hope you can forgive me).”
- Inconsistencies – 1. some reports says, Ted received a call, some said he called but was unanswered. 2. the scene was cleaned without his ordering, but some said there was an order from Ted. 3. the position of the gun and Trina also had inconsistencies.
- No gunshots were heard – very unlikely.
- Different testimonials by witnesses.
- See full story article here.
This are just my list, and I’m sure a lot of you also have lots of questions and speculations.
As for now, though we are all entitled to our own theories (since the whole truth isn’t stated yet), I guess it will be better for us to show our respect to the lives of those who are affected by this incident. Let us show that we are human despite what happened.
And as for Mr. Ted Failon, whom we all know have been in the News industry for quite sometime – I hope he will value the same principles that they have been living with in the industry. The TRUTH.
- Let’s Wait – whatever the truth is… let’s all value respect and have the patience till the truth comes out.
- The Truth - let’s just hope the truth will finally resolve this mystery.
- Your Comment? – what can you say about this issue?
Great Idea? – Go Girl! April 13, 2009Posted by C0Y in Funny, People, Photos, Weird & Unexplained.
add a comment
Doesn’t this logo capture your curiosities? Does it make you ask why the girl seems to be on the verge of barely holding on to natures call? Or why does the tag line of the product say “Don’t Take Life Sitting Down”?
Well, if you’ve heard a lot of girls say something like: “Anything guys can do, we can do too”, then this is just one of the evidences that they mean it well.
The GoGirl is a product that allows any female to urinate while standing up like every men do. Now men have nothing left to brag to girls I guess, cause they can do it all now.
This is actually (or is it?) a good idea specially for girls who love to travel a lot and go campings, or anywhere where a decent comfort room is inaccessible.
But just for sanitary reasons, please don;t forget that this is something to be considered a disposable. Using it for as long as it performs is not entirely advisable.
Now if nature calls, it wont be a problem. You can just GoGIrls.
- Weird But Useful – this is actually a weird idea cause it’s redefining feminine nature, but hey, it’s useful right?
- Still Weird – imagine seeing a girl peeing beside you while standing up.
- Surgery? – I bet this will be the first thing you will want to ask when you see a girl peeing beside you standing up.
Pocket Fisheye Camera April 6, 2009Posted by C0Y in Photos, Technology, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: Demekin, Film, Pocket Fisheye Camera
1 comment so far
Ever since I got into liking photography that much, I’ve always wanted to try taking shots with a Fish Eye camera. But I don’t have a D-SLR camera, and if I did, I still don’t have the budget to buy one.
I guess I share this with many that’s why Demekin invented this Pocket Fisheye Camera. And guess what, it costs $38 only. Something I might be able to buy.
By the way, with 2″w, 2″d, approx 2″h, it is indeed the smallest functional camera around, and the first 110 camera with a fisheye lens.
Don’ worry, this also ges with a hole at the bottom for your tripod and has a 1/100 shutter speed; f/8.9 wide angle aperture; and 1:13.5 lens. And just to remind yo guys, “110” means it’s a film camera and not digital.
- Better Photos – it’s almost always that photos look better when taken with fisheye lenses. This is a fact.
- How Small? – let’s just say it’s just a bot bigger than the film it carries. That small.
- Digital Please – one day, someones gonna make a digital fisheye camera as small as this. But since it’s not yet here, we all just have to say please I guess.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in Boracay April 4, 2009Posted by C0Y in Business & Economy, News & Info.
Tags: angelina jolie, boracay, bradd pitt, Joy Wassmer, shangrila
Wait!… Is this just Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt I see in the photo, or is it Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt in Boracay, Philippines?
Ever since a US-registered private plane arrived at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) last friday, non-stop rumors about Brangelina spending the holy week in Boracay has been widely spread in the internet and on the news in the country.
Rumors says that the couple will be gracing a soft opening of one of the ShangriLa Hotels and Resorts‘ four branches in the Philippine, however these rumors were denied by any of the branches stating that the couple is not among their guests.
Shangrila’s representative in Boracay also denied that a certain Joy Wassmer (the alias that Angelina Jolie usually uses), booked a room with them for the week.
However, a source from the resort confirmed that a representative of the couple booked a suite during the Lenten season.
- Good One – if it’s a rumor, it’s a good one.. if not, it’s also one good news.
- Marketing Move?- is it just a rumor or something like a marketing effort to promote something. ? Good question.
- Joy Wassmer – now that we know her alias, we might be more active on hearing names this time. Who knows, we might just bum into Angelina one day.
The NoPar King April 3, 2009Posted by C0Y in Funny, Photos, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: no parking, nopar king sign
You’ve heard of the Burger King, you’ve heard of the Lion King, and most probably you’ve heard around a lot of Kings throughout your years of living.
But have you heard of the “No-Par King“? Just what I thought.
Well, I instantly took my camera and take a shot of the No-Par King sign that I saw written on the junk metal gate of another junk metal shop here in the city.
Maybe it’s the highest position any No-Par could get, I don’t really know, but one’s thing for sure…. this made me laugh. Hahaha.
- Street Humor – I’m sure there’s still a lot out there, and I intend to look for them, but hey… here’s one here.
- And The Queen? – I wonder if there’s a no-par queen out there. Show yourself your highness.
- Not B ad – for a sign thats instructional and a bit demanding, this is actually funny. hahah.
Cake Under Construction April 2, 2009Posted by C0Y in Art & Literature, Funny, Photos.
Tags: little peope, under construction
Now here they again…. the little people of the street art project. I guess I’ve seen far to many impressive “little people” art like these that it made me think about making a blog out it. And a video to promote it.
This time I guess they’re tasked to take down one piece of lovely cake which they seriously do as you can see.
Aren’t they cute?
- Little Big Stars – they are so small that they became big stars in my blog now. How impressive.
- How Small? – I’m a bit curious myself, and I’ll devote one weekend to find out how small they really are. But if you can help, then that would be good.
- Sweet Work – who wouldn’t love working on a cake right?