Stefani Zaner – 13 Years Of Perfect Attendance May 27, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Life, News & Info, People, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: Stefani Zaner
add a comment
Now let me get this straight… What you’re seeing now is not just a photo of a pretty face who’s on her way to college. Behind those smiles are actually 13 years of having to say “Present!” at school whatever the circumstances are. That 13 years of perfect attendance at school.
Yes you heard it right… Pretty girl Stefani Zaner is on her way to 2,340th straight day of public school without absences due to sickness, fake or real family emergencies, drunken nights, lazy days, or just about any excuse there is to be absent. Can you do that?
“There were days in high school when I thought she was too tired to get up,” said Debbie Zaner, Stefanie’s mother. “But by high school, it was up to her. It wasn’t up to me.”
And here’s one story: Before boarding the plane on a freshman trip to Shanghai with their schools marching band (she’s a part of it), Stef made sure she had a written assurance from the principal so that the trip would not count as an absence on her part. Now once again… Can you do that?
- I Can’t – go to school for every day it requires, and this even goes true on work.. even if we get paid for every day. Just liek you huh!
- Too Late – but even if I did want to beat her record… I know it’s too late for me… 13 years too late.
- How Bout College? – now we all know college is a different thing right? Can you do it Stefani? I want to know.
The Beauty Of Broken Things May 25, 2009Posted by C0Y in Art & Literature, Photos, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: Brock Davis, shattered art
add a comment
Some artworks have been shattered…. but surprisingly some shattered things have been made into art as well.
Or atleast his is what Brock Davis, (a talented American artist) had in mind when he conceptualized these odd kind of creativity in the name of “Shattered Art”.
The concept basically revolves around what some ordinary objects, that aren’t usually shattered, would look like if they were shattered on the floor.
Who would ever think a banana could shatter right? But if it did, it would look like this photo (above), and I don’t know about you, but I just see the art in it.
To see more of Brock’s work click here.
- Loved To See – you know what I loved to see shattered? A Wii.
- How Did You? – come up with this concept I mean.
- The Art – I guess know it’s safe to say that we all have the potential to make our own kind of art.
Great Idea? – Go Girl! April 13, 2009Posted by C0Y in Funny, People, Photos, Weird & Unexplained.
add a comment
Doesn’t this logo capture your curiosities? Does it make you ask why the girl seems to be on the verge of barely holding on to natures call? Or why does the tag line of the product say “Don’t Take Life Sitting Down”?
Well, if you’ve heard a lot of girls say something like: “Anything guys can do, we can do too”, then this is just one of the evidences that they mean it well.
The GoGirl is a product that allows any female to urinate while standing up like every men do. Now men have nothing left to brag to girls I guess, cause they can do it all now.
This is actually (or is it?) a good idea specially for girls who love to travel a lot and go campings, or anywhere where a decent comfort room is inaccessible.
But just for sanitary reasons, please don;t forget that this is something to be considered a disposable. Using it for as long as it performs is not entirely advisable.
Now if nature calls, it wont be a problem. You can just GoGIrls.
- Weird But Useful – this is actually a weird idea cause it’s redefining feminine nature, but hey, it’s useful right?
- Still Weird – imagine seeing a girl peeing beside you while standing up.
- Surgery? – I bet this will be the first thing you will want to ask when you see a girl peeing beside you standing up.
Pocket Fisheye Camera April 6, 2009Posted by C0Y in Photos, Technology, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: Demekin, Film, Pocket Fisheye Camera
1 comment so far
Ever since I got into liking photography that much, I’ve always wanted to try taking shots with a Fish Eye camera. But I don’t have a D-SLR camera, and if I did, I still don’t have the budget to buy one.
I guess I share this with many that’s why Demekin invented this Pocket Fisheye Camera. And guess what, it costs $38 only. Something I might be able to buy.
By the way, with 2″w, 2″d, approx 2″h, it is indeed the smallest functional camera around, and the first 110 camera with a fisheye lens.
Don’ worry, this also ges with a hole at the bottom for your tripod and has a 1/100 shutter speed; f/8.9 wide angle aperture; and 1:13.5 lens. And just to remind yo guys, “110″ means it’s a film camera and not digital.
- Better Photos – it’s almost always that photos look better when taken with fisheye lenses. This is a fact.
- How Small? – let’s just say it’s just a bot bigger than the film it carries. That small.
- Digital Please – one day, someones gonna make a digital fisheye camera as small as this. But since it’s not yet here, we all just have to say please I guess.
The NoPar King April 3, 2009Posted by C0Y in Funny, Photos, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: no parking, nopar king sign
You’ve heard of the Burger King, you’ve heard of the Lion King, and most probably you’ve heard around a lot of Kings throughout your years of living.
But have you heard of the “No-Par King“? Just what I thought.
Well, I instantly took my camera and take a shot of the No-Par King sign that I saw written on the junk metal gate of another junk metal shop here in the city.
Maybe it’s the highest position any No-Par could get, I don’t really know, but one’s thing for sure…. this made me laugh. Hahaha.
- Street Humor – I’m sure there’s still a lot out there, and I intend to look for them, but hey… here’s one here.
- And The Queen? – I wonder if there’s a no-par queen out there. Show yourself your highness.
- Not B ad – for a sign thats instructional and a bit demanding, this is actually funny. hahah.
Lie To Me – The Truth Is Written All Over Our Face March 18, 2009Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, T.V., Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: Dr. Paul Ekman, facial expressions expert, Lie To Me, Tim Roth
I can’t live a day without downloading a movie or a tv-series. That is a fact. And everytime I have nothing more to download, I look for new series’ or complete season tv-shows on torrent sites just to get my day complete.
And where did this led me last week? Fox’s new Drama series “Lie To Me“.
Lie To Me is a compelling new drama from the producers of 24. It stars Tim Roth (yes, the one in “The Incredible Hulk“) as Dr. Lightman, the world’s leading deception expert who studies facial expressions and involuntary body language to discover not only if someone is lying, but why. When someone shrugs one shoulder, rotates a hand or raises the lower lip, Lightman knows he’s lying. – thanks to Fox.com
And here are the casts:
|Tim Roth||…||Dr. Cal Lightman|
|Kelli Williams||…||Dr. Gillian Foster|
|Monica Raymund||…||Ria Torres|
|Brendan Hines||…||Eli Loker|
One great thing I love about the show, aside from it’s unique concept, is the way they present certain similarities in facial expressions with the shows characters, and real life ones (Clinton, Jessica Simpson, etc..) everytime there is a certain expression to take note.
By the way, the show is based on the real-life scientific discoveries of Dr. Paul Ekman.
- The Concept – you might be bored of CSI-like shows, or the monyk. but this one’s really something else. Watching it is highly recommended.
- Tim Roth – is it just me or does this guy look like an Al Pacino combined with a little bit of Andy Garcia. Talent included.
- My Lens – my lens about the different expression will be complete soon. I’ll be placing the link here. Hope you’ll wait.
“The Lion King” Movie – Not Original? February 20, 2009Posted by C0Y in Movies, Photos, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: copied, kimba the white lion, simba, the lion king, unoriginal
If you guys have been born somewhere between 1980-1994, then you’ve probably heard of “Kimba The White Lion” and Simba from “The Lion King“.
Wait!!!… don’t they sound similar?
Kimba and Simba
Well there’s been a lot of “originality” issues between the two movies for quite some time now, but the big question still remains.
Is “The Lion King” really copied from “Kimba The Wihte Lion”?
Let’s look at the facts.
Lion, with it’s head up hight, faces the clouds on the cliff….
Father and Son lion scene…
Father lion appearing on the clouds…
“I said to my wife, ‘Don’t tell me that the father lion is going to appear in the clouds.’ And he did! I couldn’t believe it!” –Fred Ladd,
(executive producer of Kimba The White Lion, on seeing The Lion King for the first time)
What do you think??? Let me know. :)
- Unbelievable! – even the drawings really look the same right?
- Uhm… Coincidence? – I don’t think so…. but anythings possible.
- Inspired – they could have just said it was inspired from the movie… but they didn’t.
read the whole story here.
Broken Glass: A TinyLand Tragedy January 21, 2009Posted by C0Y in Art & Literature, Photos, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: accident, tinyland
For the first time… I won’t say much in my post.
Now this is one heck of an artwork.
- Final Destination – some scenes actually remind me of the movie.
- What Kind? – this work is great but I don’t know what kind of art this is.
- TinyLand – I guess accidents also do happen with tiny people. In the tinyland.
Scarlet Johansson’s “Used” Tissue on EBay December 20, 2008Posted by C0Y in Celebrities, Funny, People, Weird & Unexplained.
Tags: ebay, food-gathering charity USA Harvest, samuel L. jacson, Scarlet Johansson, spirits
add a comment
guess what I’m selling…
Hey, what’s with this news I’m hearing.
I guess “Spirits” star Scarlett Johanssonis really testing every fan out there to see how much they love their favorite celebrities. Even the ones on Ebay. Well, since celebrities have been selling all kinds of stuffs (from used dresses, items, etc..) online, ScarJo went a notch higher (or lower, not really sure) by putting up the tissue that she used to blow her nose (from the cold she got from another “Spirits” star Samuel L. Jackson) in auction on Ebay tomorrow, as announced by NBC last Wednesday.
But every bad this has a good side right, so here it is: It seems that the purpose of such actions is aimed at raising funds, where all proceeds will go to the food-gathering charity USA Harvest.
Now what can you say?
- Think – the intention is actually good, but aren’t there any other ways of raising funds?
- How Much? – I wonder how much the final price of the item (or items) be.
- The Author – now who is the author of this whole idea? I think you deserve an award.